Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Creating a Listen trigger

More
26 Aug 2016 19:52 #6147 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Creating a Listen trigger
This exact question popped up some years ago. A solution was implemented, because it wasn't possible at the time.
If the description for an object starts with a . it will not be listed in the room except for those with holylight on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2016 13:34 #6149 by punkmasterm
so all of the stuff you have given me so far has been gold, THANK YOU!

heres my trigger so far

if %arg% == keeper man
%send% %actor% The groundskeeper sighs and says 'I'm sorry my friend, today is not the day to mourn the ones we've lost. You've probably noticed the caved in graves about the cemetery... I'm not quite sure how these came about, but it has caused great trauma among the people of Tarsis. They demand answers and I've been tirelessly trying to find them.
%wait 2 s
%send% %actor% The groundskeeper lets out another deep sigh.
%wait 1 sec
%send% %actor% 'And to think... just a few days ago my biggest problem was getting the stench of goblin out of here.'
%echoaround% %actor% The groundskeeper begins to converse with %actor.name%.
else
%send% %actor% Who you tryin' to listen to stupid? The air???
end

two things, those %waits dont work which im sure you know, could you help me out with that? also - is it possible for me to format the text that the groundkeepr says? so that its the same as a a room formatted text?

Thanks
I work at a venue/concert hall on long island in NY, if you're out here and want to get wasted and see a show, look me up!

More
28 Aug 2016 10:52 #6150 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Creating a Listen trigger
I suggest you use [ code] tags around formatted text.

Will this work for you?
Code:
Trigger Type: Command, Numeric Arg: 7, Arg list: lis Commands: set command 'listen set target 'keeper'man'groundskeeper if %command.contains('%cmd%)% && %target.contains('%arg%)% %send% %actor% The groundskeeper sighs and says 'I'm sorry my friend, today is not the day to mourn the ones we've lost. You've probably noticed the caved in graves about the cemetery... I'm not quite sure how these came about, but it has caused great trauma among the people of Tarsis. They demand answers and I've been tirelessly trying to find them. wait 2 s %send% %actor% The groundskeeper lets out another deep sigh. wait 1 s %send% %actor% 'And to think... just a few days ago my biggest problem was getting the stench of goblin out of here.' %echoaround% %actor% The groundskeeper begins to converse with %actor.name%. else %send% %actor% Who you tryin' to listen to stupid? The air??? end
As you see, the wait command needs no "variable context" signs (the reason 'send' needs %'s is that there's actually 3 different commands in the background, depending on the current context. The %send% command is then translated internally to either wsend, msend or osend).

The magic in the beginning tries to look up the argument in the potential allowed strings by first appending them with a single quote.

You might want to avoid calling your player stupid, btw. If there's something they are doing wrong, it's typically because you havent been specific enough in your descriptions.

More
29 Aug 2016 03:43 #6151 by punkmasterm
haha that stupid comment is stock!! it does it for everything :P ill have to tell a higher up about it heh.

thanks for all the info! will try it now

More
29 Aug 2016 22:38 #6152 by punkmasterm
More questions :)

1) how would i go about making containers that open/close? Like, a chest, or a desk drawer.

2) Im interested in making a secret door that i saw in this section
www.tbamud.com/forum/3-building/3789-tri...y-secret-hidden-door

my question is, what does '%door% 14521 up flags ab' mean?

thanks!

More
30 Aug 2016 23:13 #6153 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Creating a Listen trigger
help %door
or if you don't have the stock help files I can cut and paste it.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds