Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question %teleport% with entering messages

More
20 Nov 2014 13:28 - 23 Nov 2014 05:32 #5127 by aredcloak19
Hello everyone,

I am trying to do a trigger for my zone that sends messages after a player types house <player name>. This teleports the player into the house, I'm having trouble with the message that are attached to the mobs in the teleported room to fire. The sayings will change, but the general idea is still there.

It only works when you go up to the player's room(20601) and back down again to the main room(20600)

Trigger to go into the 'house'
Code:
Name: 'Player's Home command', VNum: [20606], RNum: [ 2580] Trigger Intended Assignment: Rooms Trigger Type: Command , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: house Commands: if %actor.name% /= %arg% %echo% %actor.name% walks into %actor.hisher% home by unlocking %actor.hisher% door. %teleport% %actor% 20600 %force% %actor% look else %echo% Type house <character> to go inside the house. end

Trigger to speak when the players enter the room
Code:
Name: 'Ivar and Arndis greeting new players', VNum: [20600], RNum: [ 1245] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Greet , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: arrives entered appears Commands: * Orginal Trigger 194 By Rumble of The Builder Academy tbamud.com 9091 * Modified: Jordan if %actor.is_pc% wait 1 sec if %actor.varexists(Ivar_Arndis_greeting)% if %actor.sex% == male && %self.vnum% == 11900 && %actor.level% <= 30 %send% %actor% Ivar welcomes back, %actor.name%. "Welcome back, son." end *Ends male check welcoming back if %actor.sex% == female && %self.vnum% == 11901 && <= 30 %send% %actor% Arndis welcomes back, %actor.name%. "Welcome back, daughter." end *Ends the female check welcoming back else say Welcome to The Builder Academy %actor.name%. set Ivar_Arndis_greeting 1 remote Ivar_Arndis_greeting %actor.id% end end

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."
Last edit: 23 Nov 2014 05:32 by Rumble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2014 04:47 #5128 by Rumble
Greet triggers do not work for %teleport%. Try this:
Code:
Name: 'TBA Greeting - 17', VNum: [ 194], RNum: [ 194] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Act , Numeric Arg: 1, Arg list: arrives entered appears Commands: * By Rumble of The Builder Academy tbamud.com 9091 if %actor.is_pc% wait 1 sec if %actor.varexists(TBA_greeting)% say Welcome back %actor.name%. Read through these rooms whenever you need a refresher. else say Welcome to The Builder Academy %actor.name%. wait 1 sec say Within this zone you can learn all the immortal commands and how to build. wait 2 sec say This zone is like a newbie zone, except for gods. All you have to do is walk through the zone and read every room description. wait 3 sec say Be sure to do everything the room descriptions tell you to do. You should read and comprehend everything contained within these walls.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds