Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question is this possible with dg_scripts

More
16 Jul 2012 23:41 #383 by bakarus
I want to make a script that will globally make an array of every mob currently ingame, then use a random() to pick 10 mobs of all that exist and give them an item in their inventories.

Basically a mob[], then a random(mob[].sizeof()), then pick out 10 mob vnums at random, and then load and give them an item.

Thanks for you help, in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2012 00:31 #384 by Fizban
Technically - no.

Can you essentially do the same thing in a somewhat hack-job manner? Yes.
Code:
1) Name : Load Object to Random Mob 2) Intended for : Mobiles 3) Trigger types: Load 4) Numeric Arg : 100 5) Arguments : 6) Commands: set i 0 while %i% < 10 set num %random.65535% if %num.vnum% > 0 else break end %teleport% %self% %num% if %self.room.vnum(%num%)% set char %random.char% if !%char.is_pc% %load% obj 57700 %char% inv eval i %i% + 1 end end done

Something like that should do roughly the same.

More
17 Jul 2012 01:38 #385 by bakarus
So I need to use this trigger on a mob? It could possibly still work for what I want, is there a way to set the invis lvl of the mob using this trigger, also I assume this trigger will only run when the mob loads.

More
17 Jul 2012 19:46 #386 by bakarus
Made a new mob, added this script to him, not sure how to use this script, it doesn't fire when he loads, nor on copyover/reboot anything. What am I doing wrong? :)

More
18 Jul 2012 02:56 #388 by Vatiken
It may be easier, and more efficient to just add another variable in dg_variables.c for "mob_in_game", and do "random.mob_in_game" in your script.
Code:
struct char_data * get_random_mob(void) { int mobs = max_mob_id - MOB_ID_BASE; int random, count; struct char_data *tch; random = rand_number(0, mobs); for (count = 0;tch = character_list; tch; tch = tch->next) { if (!IS_NPC(tch)) continue; if (count++ == random) return(tch); } return NULL; }

Something like that???

tbaMUD developer/programmer

More
18 Jul 2012 05:12 #389 by bakarus
Thanks Vatiken, I was attempting to see if it was possible exclusively with dg_scripts. The code change is probably the best solution, thanks for your input, it's very much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds