Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Blind convenience

More
16 Mar 2014 20:56 #4761 by Parnassus
Blind convenience was created by Parnassus
This is going to be a weird sort of question, but I was thinking about how much of a convenience /fi is in triggers. My triggers can get pretty long and complicated. They're complicated to me, anyway. If I didn't write them, I probably wouldn't be able to understand them. In fact, when I go over them later, I quite often don't really understand them.

The /fi gets them neatly in order and its much easier to figure out where that missing end needs to be and so on. It seems to me that without the visual aid /fi supplies, it would be much harder to write the triggers I write. I haven't had this aid when writing triggers in other mud bases but the other bases can't do the complexities that tba does. On the other hand, because of the limitations in other bases, I often found myself spiraling around and around, trying to get to where I really wanted to be, which becomes much more complicated.

So while I was thinking how much I appreciate this visual aid, it occurred to me to wonder: what do blind builders do? Does anyone know any tricks or aids or suggestions that would be helpful? I'm sure that indents aren't really as helpful to a blind builder as they are to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds