Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Street or building area?

More
07 Jan 2014 02:52 #4635 by Cblake
Can I get a copy of the street or building area someone made?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 17:20 #4636 by RussBrown
Replied by RussBrown on topic Street or building area?
Can you be more specific?

Also, here is a link to the area download page: www.tbamud.com/downloads/viewcategory/6-areas

More
10 Jan 2014 05:36 #4640 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic Street or building area?
Where you talking about a specific area or are you looking for recommendations? If its recommendations, what sort of area are you looking for?

More
14 Jan 2014 05:15 #4653 by Cblake
Replied by Cblake on topic Street or building area?

Parnassus wrote: Where you talking about a specific area or are you looking for recommendations? If its recommendations, what sort of area are you looking for?

someone said they made a street road or something,
I thought that would be good for making like a Westworld type of world. i.e. you look down the street and see a lot of buldings,
each has a sign in it describing the world it contains. you see the world of star trek to the left, and a amazon jungle on the right. you wander down the road reading the descriptions of the worlds. the gate keeper asks you where he can send you.

More
14 Jan 2014 23:59 #4655 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic Street or building area?
I'm wondering if it may have been me talking about housing subdivisions.

Parnassus wrote: Because of this, I'm currently writing up a fast and trashy little subdivision zone. The rooms are all repetitive and not very interesting.

It's going to be in the next release as an aid to muds who want housing. There are actually two formats. One is a subdivision of small houses and the other is a small condo/dorm/apartment.

Honestly though, it doesn't sound at all like what you're looking for. My mud name, Parnassus, came from the idea of Clio, muse of history, who lives on Parnassus. My idea was to create a library of book portals, allowing the player to enter any book that I felt like building an area for. Any original areas (ie, not based on books) could be described as future, as yet unwritten, books. This may still happen sometime but no time soon.

Your idea sounds quite doable but I do think it would have to be something that you'd do yourself.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds