Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigger of the Day - Has Item

More
19 Dec 2013 16:05 #4578 by Rumble
Checking if an actor has an item is simple with the latest version of trigedit. has_item() can search via vnum or keyword.
Code:
Name: 'Check for treats - 207', VNum: [ 155], RNum: [ 155] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Greet , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: * By Rumble of The Builder Academy tbamud.com 9091 * My dog is looking if people have some beggin strips. if %actor.has_item(164)% wait 1 sec %send% %actor% %self.name% sits down and stands up on %self.hisher% hind legs, then starts whining pitifully staring at you. %echoaround% %actor% %self.name% sits down and stands up on %self.hisher% hind legs, then starts whining pitifully staring at %actor.name%. * Or if they have her rubber chicken. elseif %actor.has_item(172)% wait 1 sec emote sniff %actor.name% wait 1 sec growl %actor.name% %send% %actor% %self.name% tries to get at something you are carrying. %echoaround% %actor% %self.name% tries to get at something %actor.name% is carrying. end
On older versions of trigedit you had to do a lot more work. But, it is a good example of how to use a loop to look
through a players inventory, equipment, and containers.
Code:
Name: 'Mob Checks Player Inventory', VNum: [ 32], RNum: [ 32] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Greet , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: * By Rumble of The Builder Academy tbamud.com 9091 * This trigger has been replaced by the has_item variable. But this is still a * good example. if %actor.has_item(1300)% does the same thing. if %actor.eq(wield)% eval wep %actor.eq(wield)% if %wep.vnum%==1300 set has_it 1 end end * Checks the actors inventory if not wielding it. if !%has_it% eval i %actor.inventory% while %i% set next %i.next_in_list% if %i.vnum%==1300 set has_it 1 break end * checks inside containers if %i.type% == CONTAINER while %i.contents% if %i.contents.vnum%==1300 set has_it 1 break end done end set i %next% done end * if %has_it% say %actor.name% has that special item. else say %actor.name% doesnt have that crappy item. end
If this was helpful please vote or leave a review for TBA.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds