Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Color Code Oddness

More
26 Nov 2013 04:54 #4532 by Papaya Pete
So I'm trying to put in some color for an echo. And for some strange reason... it's not working at all. What's even stranger is it's something I've done before. Any ideas why this would happen?

Here's the trigger that I'm working on.
Code:
Name: 'Outcast Throws Stones!', VNum: [ 614], RNum: [ 14] Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles Trigger Type: Greet , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None Commands: %echoaround% %actor% %self.name% screams out like a wounded dog, throwing a stone hard at %actor.name%! %send% %actor% %self.name% screams out like a wounded dog, throwing a stone hard at your head! if %actor.is_pc% %send% %actor% @ROW! That stone really hurt!@n else %force% %actor% emote looks surprised, taken aback by the surprise attack! In a panic, %actor.heshe% squeezes out of the alcove. %force% %actor% south end

Note: the @R and @n show up in the code just like that. Very weird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2013 14:05 - 26 Nov 2013 14:05 #4534 by Treyorn
Replied by Treyorn on topic Color Code Oddness
"/t" in the editor will convert the @ symbols to make the color work.
Last edit: 26 Nov 2013 14:05 by Treyorn.

More
01 Dec 2013 23:06 #4547 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic Color Code Oddness
Well that's the thing: I've tried that and it doesn't work. Like I mentioned before, I've added color to a different trigger and had no issues. Does it matter what kind of trigger it is, whether it's designed for mobs, objs, or rooms?

More
01 Dec 2013 23:25 #4548 by krell
Replied by krell on topic Color Code Oddness
I see it working in my triggers, the few instances I use color codes. Are you using a current version of dgscript? I seem to recall you saying in a previous post that you were.

More
02 Dec 2013 07:25 #4551 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic Color Code Oddness
Yes.

More
02 Dec 2013 13:15 - 02 Dec 2013 13:16 #4552 by krell
Replied by krell on topic Color Code Oddness
Odd, it should work then. I recall, before I clearly understood using /t with color codes using literal tabs to make colors work. Eg: Instead of @R<TEXT> and then /t by itself on a separate line I used <TAB>R<TEXT>.

HTH
Last edit: 02 Dec 2013 13:16 by krell.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds