Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Question about identifying an actor as a mob enters a room.

More
14 Nov 2013 15:19 #4480 by Treyorn
I want to create a trigger where a tunneling worm enters a room through normal mob movement. When it sees a player it will eat them, burrow and teleport the player and itself to a random room within the zone and then spit them out. I have no worries about the teleport portion of the trigger.

How do I create a check to see if there is a player in the room as the mob enters?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2013 21:28 #4489 by Parnassus
Read:
help trigedit-mob-entry

and then tstat 68. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Treyorn

More
19 Nov 2013 18:41 - 19 Nov 2013 18:42 #4514 by Treyorn
Code:
Trigger Editor [9205] 1) Name : Worm Teleport 2) Intended for : Mobiles 3) Trigger types: Entry 4) Numeric Arg : 100 5) Arguments : 6) Commands: wait 2 sec eval room %self.room% set target_char %room.people% while %target_char% set tmp_target %target_char.next_in_room% if %target_char.is_pc% %send% %target_char% The purple worm swallows you whole and rips you into the ground below. %teleport% %target_char% 9204 %teleport% %self% 9204 wait 2 sec %send% %target_char% As you emerge from the ground the worm spits you out at a different location. wait 1 sec %force% %target_char% look else return 0 end set target_char %tmp_target% done W) Copy Trigger Q) Quit Enter Choice :

Thanks for the help. Here is a copy of the working trigger. I am going to change it so that it sends to a random room in the zone, but it's working as intended for now.
Last edit: 19 Nov 2013 18:42 by Treyorn.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds