Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question mob stats

More
11 Oct 2013 13:39 #4397 by dracmas
mob stats was created by dracmas
One thing I've been wondering after setting the server up and been working on it for a few weeks now. How do you balance mobs for their level stat wise. I've looked around but don't know what stats would be per lol. Don't want them to be too powerful or too weak. Is there a guide or something that gives estimates for levels. Same with weapons and equipment. Just want to keep everything balanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2013 23:53 #4398 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic mob stats
Have you noticed that you can autogenerate mob stats according to level? 9) Stats menu... in medit. That will give you a balanced mob that you can tweak higher for boss types and lower for cannon-fodder types.

Other than that, have you checked out HELP MOB-STANDARDS and HELP OEDIT-STANDARDS? I found these helpfiles by using HINDEX STANDARDS. Also, after you've built your area, have you tried ZCHECK? That will help you keep to TBA standards.

I hope these are what you're looking for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas, dracmas

More
12 Oct 2013 02:18 #4399 by dracmas
Replied by dracmas on topic mob stats
Completely missed those somehow. I like how circle uses Oasis and really liked being able to use dg scripts with how easy it is to set up, but completely missed your suggestions while looking through everything. Thanks!

More
12 Oct 2013 18:00 #4401 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic mob stats
I find the helpfiles so good and so extensive that I keep losing information. Sometimes I ask multiple times where to find what I need. An example of this is findobj which is something I always forget about. So it was nice I could find the info you were looking for :)

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds