Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question customizing classes?

More
27 Jul 2012 20:22 #455 by tyfighter
Hi I am going to be working on a super hero mud, and I am needing to simulate super powers. Say for instance someone with fire based power payload how would I make only fire abilities to them and not another.group? How would I create abilities for the powers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2012 22:34 #457 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Re: customizing classes?
Something like this would be done more easily via the code than triggers. But if you wanted to do this with triggers you'll need to learn how to remote variables to players. You could remote the variable fire_power and then check that with your powers trigger. HELP REMOTE for usage.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
28 Jul 2012 03:29 #459 by Vatiken
Replied by Vatiken on topic Re: customizing classes?
The best answer I can give to this would be to read "coding.txt" within your tbamud/doc directory.

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyfighter

More
28 Jul 2012 03:48 #460 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Re: customizing classes?

tyfighter wrote: Hi I am going to be working on a super hero mud, and I am needing to simulate super powers. Say for instance someone with fire based power payload how would I make only fire abilities to them and not another.group? How would I create abilities for the powers?

I would make a special "Power" system that would be the games skill/spell system.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
28 Jul 2012 19:49 #461 by Papaya Pete

The best answer I can give to this would be to read "coding.txt" within your tbamud/doc directory.

That's your best bet right there. Actually I started with the thread here on creating new damaging spells and worked from there. I did something similar, except I made elementalists for my mud. Unless you're going to use something that really involves thinking outside the box, there is likely a spell/skill that already does it that you can use as a template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyfighter

More
29 Jul 2012 21:09 #473 by tyfighter
Replied by tyfighter on topic Re: customizing classes?
So as far as giving people special abilities to interact with the world such as someone with ghosting powers the abilitty what woukld I do then?

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds