Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trouble with Strchr

More
16 Apr 2018 15:39 #7939 by Chime
Trouble with Strchr was created by Chime
Getting some weird data corruptiony-type stuff sometimes when my RPOSE command is used.

colorPose is intended to identify when a quotation mark is added to a string, then color what's between them.

The culpable function:
Code:
char * colorPose(char *argument) { char *final_string; char tempString[MAX_STRING_LENGTH]; bool inquotes = FALSE; int offset = 0; int x = 0; while (x < strlen(argument)) { if (argument[x] == '"') { if (inquotes == TRUE) { tempString[x + offset] = '@'; tempString[x + offset + 1] = 'n'; tempString[x + offset + 2] = '"'; offset += 2; inquotes = FALSE; } else { tempString[x + offset] = '"'; tempString[x + offset + 1] = '@'; tempString[x + offset + 2] = 'W'; offset += 2; inquotes = TRUE; } } else tempString[x + offset] = argument[x]; x++; } if (inquotes == TRUE) { tempString[x + offset] = '"'; tempString[x + offset + 1] = '@'; tempString[x + offset + 2] = 'n'; offset += 3; inquotes = FALSE; } if (CONFIG_SPECIAL_IN_COMM && legal_communication(tempString)) parse_at(tempString); tempString[x + offset] = '\0'; final_string = tempString; return final_string; }

Called in do_rpose (Maybe this is the problem portion, instead of the function itself?):
Code:
if (strchr(argument, '"') != NULL) argument = colorPose(argument);

Testing shows this, for example of the weird:

rpecho Chime shrieks, "Why though?"
--> Chime shrieks, "Why though?"H~ssad

I think it's time to acknowledge I'm nowhere near clever enough, a few hours of bashing at the function considered, to detect what the trouble is without a more educated eye.

Is there an issue I'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2018 22:24 #7941 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Trouble with Strchr
Move this line above the call to parse_at:
Code:
tempString[x + offset] = '\0';
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chime

More
17 Apr 2018 04:26 #7942 by Chime
Replied by Chime on topic Trouble with Strchr
Thank you, Thomas. That resolved it!

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds