Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Using Standard Color Codes

More
16 Apr 2018 12:40 #7928 by Chime
Hey all. I started on an earlier version of TBA with just the standard @ colorcodes. Since then I have patched in the updates all the way up to the latest release, and I noticed today that I'm no longer able to use the colorcodes that way. In the editors I found that using tab "activated" the colorcodes, but with just general, everyday use in commands, nothing seems to work to get them to feature color.

say @cCyan.@n
Chime says, "@cCyan.@n."

Before, that would have consumed the colorcodes and made the text cyan. Now it just shows the symbols. Is there still a way to make the standard colorcodes function with things like say, emote, etc.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2018 12:57 - 16 Apr 2018 12:57 #7929 by lacrc
Replied by lacrc on topic Using Standard Color Codes
I'm not sure how it worked before, I'm relatively new to TBA coding, but I believe you may be missing a call to parse_at() to convert the '@'s into special tabs that are used to display color.

How is you do_say() function?

Mine has this:
Code:
if (CONFIG_SPECIAL_IN_COMM && legal_communication(argument)) parse_at(argument);
If you don't have this check and a call to parse_at() you might wanna add it an try it.
If you already have it, then you might wanna check the CONFIG_SPECIAL_IN_COMM option, you change it in cedit (it is under O) Operation Options and then S) Enable Special Char in Comm).
Last edit: 16 Apr 2018 12:57 by lacrc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas, Chime

More
16 Apr 2018 13:24 #7930 by Chime
Replied by Chime on topic Using Standard Color Codes
That's exactly what it was. Worked swimmingly, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds