Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question How do I clear the blank line after a socials command?

More
02 Apr 2018 11:41 #7867 by cry1004
500H 100M 82V (news) (motd) > Accuse Enter

500H 100M 82V (news) (motd) > Accuse who??
<<<< This Blank Line
500H 100M 82V (news) (motd) >

ex)
500H 100M 82V (news) (motd) > Accuse Enter
500H 100M 82V (news) (motd) > Accuse who??
500H 100M 82V (news) (motd) >

I don't want the Compace option to erase all blank lines.
only socials command next blank line.

I'm sorry. I don't know English very well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 13:28 - 02 Apr 2018 13:33 #7868 by lacrc
New lines are created by adding "\r\n" to the end of strings sent to send_to_char() function (act() already includes newlines).

So I believe the specific "\r\n" that you need to remove is this one, in act.social.c:44 :
Code:
if (!argument || !*argument) { send_to_char(ch, "%s\r\n", action->char_no_arg); /* <---- remove the '/r/n' after %s */ act(action->others_no_arg, action->hide, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); return; }
Can you check if that works for you?

On a side note, removing that will also remove newlines from emotes which do not need a target (ie. dance).
You could check for that using the fact that all socials that do not require a target also have "action->others_no_arg" set and not null. So the check would be something like this:
Code:
if (!argument || !*argument) { send_to_char(ch, "%s%s", action->char_no_arg, action->others_no_arg ? "\r\n" : ""); /* <--- this will check if there is a message to be sent to others and add a newline only if something was sent to the room */ act(action->others_no_arg, action->hide, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); return; }
But not sure if that would be enough for you since most of socials.new have "others_no_arg" set.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2018 13:33 by lacrc.

More
02 Apr 2018 14:49 #7869 by cry1004

More
07 Apr 2018 17:23 #7892 by Parnassus
Am I missing something?

> accuse
Accuse who??

I don't see a blank line. I thought it might be because I use an outdated version but I saw the same thing online. I thought it was possibly related to toggle compact but I see that my home version has it toggled on and the online version has it toggled off.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds