Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Specialized guildmaster spec-proc

More
20 Dec 2017 23:46 #7277 by WhiskyTest
tbaMUD does have skillset code in it, which is fantastic.
An example that increases a characters Armor skill by 5 each time:
Code:
eval x %actor.skill(armor)% + 5 %actor.skillset("armor" %x%)% %echo% Armor is now %actor.skill(armor)%

Sascha as a suggestion to address the balance and quality control issues you could have pre-made triggers that only one person can edit. (ie: put them in a special zone and restrict editing)
Then all builders wishing to add guildmasters must use the provided triggers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2018 15:56 #7431 by Sascha
It may be that two cups of coffee isn't enough yet this morning, but did you actually write and release a patch for this, Whisky? I don't see it in this thread, only mention of it. If you did, can you please point me to it? You know me - I'm always up to trying whatever you put together. :) Thanks!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
23 Jan 2018 19:01 #7432 by Fizban
There's an attachment attached to his post two above yours. I think that's the spec-proc code he was referencing in his post.

More
23 Jan 2018 20:28 #7434 by Sascha
Gotcha, thank you. I thought there wasn't enough coffee, yet...

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
22 Feb 2019 02:07 #8325 by Sascha
Revisiting this...

So I have a mob that will successfully teach a skill via a trigger. In this case, it is sneak. When my tester practices, we see this:
Code:
prac The following skills are available: Skill Name | % Trained In Skill Sneak | 0% 219hp 436mn 703mv> prac sneak You practice for a while... 219hp 436mn 703mv> prac The following skills are available: Skill Name | % Trained In Skill Sneak | 12% 219hp 436mn 703mv> prac sneak You practice for a while... 219hp 436mn 703mv> prac The following skills are available: Skill Name | % Trained In Skill Sneak | 24% 219hp 436mn 703mv> prac sneak You practice for a while... 219hp 436mn 703mv> prac The following skills are available: Skill Name | % Trained In Skill Sneak | 36% 219hp 436mn 703mv>

However, when we go to check pracs, it doesn't show up:
Code:
prac You have 111 practice sessions remaining. You know of the following spells: adder tongue (not learned) aligning the matrix (not learned) arrows of fire (awful) blindness (superb) blossoms of fire (not learned) call lightning (not learned) compulsion (not learned) control weather (not learned) craft (not learned) create food (not learned) create water (not learned) cure blind (not learned) cure critic (not learned) cure light (not learned) curse (not learned) darkness (not learned) earthquake (not learned) fear (not learned) [ Return to continue, (q)uit, (r)efresh, (b)ack, or page number (1/2) ] finder (not learned) fireball (not learned) flame tongues (not learned) folded light (not learned) group heal (not learned) hardened air (not learned) harm (not learned) heal (not learned) lightning bolt (not learned) mount (average) remove curse (not learned) remove poison (not learned) reveal (not learned) sense life (not learned) shield of air (not learned) shocking grasp (not learned) sleep (not learned) strength (not learned) tame (not learned) word of recall (not learned) 219hp 436mn 703mv>

Though when activating it, it works, and is reflected in stat:
Code:
You are known as XXX, the level 40 female Magic User Str: [12/0] Int: [15] Wis: [14] Dex: [13] Con: [9] Cha: [8] AC: [80+0/10], Hitroll: [-2], Damroll: [ 4] Gold: [ 1004], Bank: [ 2600] (Total: 3604) Affected by: SNEAK

So my question is, how do I get the items practiced separately via triggers to reflect in prac overall? Anyone have ideas?

More
23 Feb 2019 05:37 - 23 Feb 2019 05:43 #8327 by Papaya Pete
Hmmm, the one thing I noticed at first was the list of skills when you type "prac" doesn't show the skill hide. Your test character is a magic user; the code doesn't assign that skill to that class, so it won't show up in the list when you type "practice."

Your tester likely has the sneak skill at 36%; the command "sneak" doesn't have an if statement that checks the user's class, so if your tester's got the skill trained via scripts the code will allow her to perform the skill. If this isn't what your goal is regarding skill training, you'll have to throw in an if statement or some other method for checking the class and denying all those non-thieves the chance to steal their secrets.

Edit: huh, I should've scrolled up to see what the whole topic was. My mistake!
Anyways, one way you could try and solve this is actually assign every skill you want to be cross class to every single class, but throw in a check to see if the character has any training in said skill. If they have at least 1% in it, then write the line out normally. If the skill is a big fat 0, don't print out the line. For example, your above "practice" skill list would end up looking like this:
Code:
prac You have 111 practice sessions remaining. You know of the following spells: arrows of fire (awful) blindness (superb) mount (average) 219hp 436mn 703mv>

Some players might not like this because they may not know what skills are available for them to learn. However, trainers at different guilds list what they teach using your scripts, am I right? Problem solved! And it also opens the door to hiding some skills that are very potent, giving determined (or those with way too much time on their hands) players something to search for and discover.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2019 05:43 by Papaya Pete.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds