Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Hello! I am not a spammer and would like to say so.

More
10 Feb 2014 22:00 #4689 by caboose684
Suggestion: I've seen an "Introduce Yourself Here" section/board/subforum on some other forums and it seems like something that might be useful here.

Usually, I don't go in for the Introduce-Yourself-to-the-Forums topic. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. However, I read the Saga of the Hundred Thousand Spam Accounts and decided it might be a good idea to identify myself as not a spammer. The obsessive-compulsive in me doesn't like cluttering up a General section with "hi", but is totally OK with cluttering up a section specifically for that kind of post. Even if it's not a new user requirement, I'd be willing to bet a chunk of the real people who sign up would post there if they saw the section. I would.

In the absence of such a section, however, I'd just like to say that I'm now running a basic tbaMUD 3.64 on a Raspberry Pi B running Raspbian Wheezy. It ./configures correctly and compiles mostly cleanly out of the box with GCC 4.6.3. Just some warnings from -Wunused-but-set-variable.

So thank you to everyone here who contributes to development. It's extremely nice (and unusual) to find a codebase with this kind of maturity that's both currently maintained and not a case study in why incrementalism is bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2014 01:00 #4692 by Parnassus
I really appreciate the post because it does make my job much easier :) Welcome to the forums. I hope that you find the information here (now and in the future) helpful.

I'm pretty much a lurker myself so I don't know how it happened that I keep posting stuff!

More
12 Feb 2014 14:35 #4693 by Rumble
Welcome, and glad to hear it works on pi!

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds