Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Will this snippet work as is with tba ?

More
06 Jan 2018 18:23 #7302 by JTP
Anyone knows How to get it to use caps in the clan name ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2018 22:43 #7315 by Sascha
I've been able to patch this into 3.68. So far so good! No crashing...!

First of all, this is cool. Thank you so much for sharing the updated file. Here are my observations/questions:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Yes, as mentioned there are warnings when compiling but they are beyond my current skill level to address. It would be nice if the clan name could be capitalized. That would be cosmetically spiffy for sure.

I've noticed that my test player sees that she's in a clan, etc. and so forth but when an Imm pulls the who list there's no mention of it, only brackets. This is what it looks like from the player with the command 'clan who':

seafolk clan members online
====/=====================-
Mariana

And this is how it looks to the Imms when we do a 'who':

Mortals
[50 Ch] Mariana is testing clans. []

2 characters displayed.

Those brackets at the end should have the clan name in it, right? So did I do something wrong?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Here's my wishlist of what would be great to do with this, if anyone has the time and inclination to make these changes. If this already exists then please point me to it, because I haven't found it yet. :)

1) Documentation please! For those of us who are not primarily coders, something that tells us what to do and how to do it would be great. I was able to read through the code and get enough clues to start figuring out how to use this.

2) Allow a mob to be the clan leader if needed as a default.

3) Allow all players to pull up a list of possible clans to apply to/participate in. Maybe a "view clans" or "clan list" command?

4) Allow further customizations for different clans in regards to rank names. For example, if I "assign seafolk (playername)", that creates the seafolk clan and makes (playername) the leader. The ranks for the seafolk clan are the same as the heartguard clan, as I understand it from reading the code. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) I'd like to see an in-game editor that would let me name the clan, set up the rank names, assign the leader, and assign a cost system (gold and/or quest point levels) to the ranks (which would make qps spendable right there instead of having to script that up).

This would allow things to be set up a little bit easier, perhaps, and also gain some in-game traction for players who might pull up a list and see clan names. The goal would be "Hey! What is this Heartguard clan, and how do I get into it?" Sure, there can be chatter on game forums, but having it be game-inclusive would be optimum.

So, is anyone inclined to take this on as an improvement request for 3.68?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
12 Jan 2018 23:45 #7330 by JTP
Anyone who knows what is needed to use caps in the clan name ?

More
13 Jan 2018 01:26 #7331 by WhiskyTest
I'll have a crack at it tonight

More
13 Jan 2018 01:37 #7332 by Parnassus
The code apparently needs a toupper() in there somewhere. I don't know how it works but Vatikan mentioned it in this thread.

More
13 Jan 2018 01:44 #7333 by thomas
Ok. Try this on for size. ;)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds