Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question DragonBall: Tournament

More
05 Feb 2018 02:17 #7538 by Liko
DragonBall: Tournament was created by Liko
DragonBall: Tournament is a PVP MUD based on Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and other Dragon Ball movies.
It features skill based combat, travel to other planets, gear drops, dragon ball hunting, and more!

Host Name: 68.44.138.187
Port: 2500

Note: DBT is based on Trenton's Dragon Ball MUD.

Personal Note: This has been a long work in process! I know I started with tbaMUD, but I pretty much wrote this new one from scratch. It's a labor of love!

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2018 05:11 #7579 by Fizban
Replied by Fizban on topic DragonBall: Tournament

Liko wrote: Personal Note: This has been a long work in process! I know I started with tbaMUD, but I pretty much wrote this new one from scratch. It's a labor of love!

The only part here that matters is.

Liko wrote: I know I started with tbaMUD

www.circlemud.org/license.html

Circle License wrote: The text in the 'credits' file distributed with CircleMUD must be preserved. You may add your own credits to the file, but the existing text must not be removed, abridged, truncated, or changed in any way. This file must be displayed when the 'credits' command is used from within the MUD.

You removed the credits command.

Circle License wrote: The "CIRCLEMUD" help entry must be maintained intact and unchanged, and displayed in its entirety when the 'help circlemud' command is used.

You removed the circlemud helpfile.

Circle License wrote: The login sequence must contain the names of the DikuMUD and CircleMUD creators. The 'login sequence' is defined as the text seen by players between the time they connect to the MUD and when they start to play the game itself.

You stripped the names of the DIKU Team and Jeremy Elson from the login sequence.

Circle License wrote: Claims that any of the above requirements are inapplicable to a particular MUD for reasons such as "our MUD is totally rewritten" or similar are completely invalid. If you can write a MUD completely from scratch then you are encouraged to do so by all means, but use of any part of the CircleMUD or DikuMUD source code requires that their respective licenses be followed, including the crediting requirements.

More
11 Feb 2018 05:43 #7580 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic DragonBall: Tournament
It’s a custom code..not circlemud nor tbamud...it’s written in c# and dm...

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
11 Feb 2018 05:44 #7581 by Liko
And it was inspired by Trenton’s dragon ball: fe code and he even helped me on this with some of the early foundations..credit for Trenton is in the home screen...

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
11 Feb 2018 05:50 #7582 by Fizban
Replied by Fizban on topic DragonBall: Tournament

Liko wrote: Personal Note: This has been a long work in process! I know I started with tbaMUD, but I pretty much wrote this new one from scratch. It's a labor of love!

Not sure why you'd phrase it that way if it was never tbaMUD to begin with. The implication of that sentence is that it started out as tbaMUD but that you rewrote such a large portion of it that you don't consider it to be circleMUD any longer.

I also don't see how something can be "pretty much from scratch". It's either from scratch or it isn't, and if it isn't it's still a derivative of whatever it started as.

More
11 Feb 2018 05:56 #7583 by Liko
What I meant is at one point I was working on thru tbamud. While working on the map generator, I just decided to stop working on it thru tbamud and write everything from scratch. I was spending more time converting everything to support numbers over 2.1b and all that.

Its not using any codebase but what I wrote from complete barebones.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds