Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question House bug found, in stock tba

More
10 Aug 2012 07:47 - 10 Aug 2012 07:54 #623 by bakarus
This occurs when you create a house for a player and they drop some coins on the ground in the house, if you type saveall, then do a copyover, something about the house code cannot handle coins on the floor. Your mud cannot restart until you manually delete the house file.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2012 07:54 by bakarus. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2012 07:54 #624 by zusuk
Yeah this bug is confirmed :P

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100
The following user(s) said Thank You: bakarus

More
10 Aug 2012 12:56 #626 by Vatiken
I'll look into this tonight.

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: zusuk

More
11 Aug 2012 03:03 #634 by Vatiken
Full fix w/formatting corrections in SVN (just bug fix below).
Code:
Index: src/objsave.c =================================================================== --- src/objsave.c (revision 324) +++ src/objsave.c (working copy) @@ -1025,21 +1026,26 @@ if (*line == '#') { /* check for false alarm. */ if (sscanf(line, "#%d", &nr) == 1) { - if (real_object(nr) == NOTHING) { //object does not exist - log("SYSERR: Protection: deleting object %d.", nr); + /* I'm currently unaware as to why the following IF skips on the + * loop when an object is returned NOTHING due to the fact that "NOTHING" + * is handled in below in such an instance. Unless someone knows why + * this was written as such, it's now obsolete. + * -Vatiken + if (real_object(nr) == NOTHING) { + log("SYSERR: Protection: deleting object %d.", nr); continue; - } + } */ @@ -1058,14 +1064,21 @@ continue; } + /* Should never get here, but since we did in the past, I'll put + * a safety check in. */ + if (temp == NULL) { + log("SYSERR: Attempting to parse obj_save_data on NULL object."); + abort(); + } +

This entire function offends me.

tbaMUD developer/programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liko, zusuk

More
08 Sep 2012 15:58 #777 by drefs
this alteration was added for the reason that an area or delete an object when the player is entering mud crash on loading inexistent object.

More
08 Sep 2012 18:24 #778 by Rumble
Nice catch Drefs, I missed this when it first went through. Uncommented the code and added clarifying comment.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds