Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Having problems with a error given during compile

More
17 Dec 2012 17:34 - 22 Dec 2012 03:10 #1194 by dfeigel71
I have been working to add classes and races to my mud. Everything has gone ok for the most part, but now I am trying to define what race is allowed to be what class. In doing so, I have received the following error:

class.c: In function find_class_bitvector:
class.c:145: warning: passing argument 1 of parse_class makes pointer from integer without a cast
class.c:145: error: too few arguments to function âparse_classâ

I am still learning to code, and overall it is moving along, but after looking at this problem for hours and being unable to figure it out I figured maybe someone can point me in the right direction. The following is a copy of the basic code I am trying to implement. If someone can look it over and maybe point out where the problem is and what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dustin
Code:
int parse_class(struct char_data *ch, char arg) { arg = LOWER(arg); switch (arg) { case 'a': if (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_DWARF || (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_HUMAN)) { return CLASS_BARBARIAN; } else { return CLASS_UNDEFINED; } break; case 'b': if (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_HUMAN || (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_HALF_ELF)) { return CLASS_KNIGHT; } else { return CLASS_UNDEFINED; } break; case 'c': if (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_DWARF || (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_ELF)) { return CLASS_PALADIN; } else { return CLASS_UNDEFINED; } break; case 'd': if (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_GNOME || (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_TROLL)) { return CLASS_ROUGE; } else { return CLASS_UNDEFINED; } case 'e': if (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_GNOME || (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_HUMAN)) { return CLASS_WARLOCK; } else { return CLASS_UNDEFINED; } default: return CLASS_UNDEFINED; } }
Last edit: 22 Dec 2012 03:10 by Vatiken. Reason: Code tags

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2012 14:28 #1195 by zusuk
i'm guessing, but try this: do a search for all instances of parse_class in your code, and make sure the function call matches your function definition you posted

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
19 Dec 2012 18:26 #1198 by dfeigel71
I have checked the other places where parse_class is located. I made sure that class.h matches the function in class.c. both being,

int parse_class(struct char_data *ch, char arg)

but the problem is in act.wizard.c where the function to set class is located. I am unsure how to re-write this part to work with my changes and get ever thing to compile.

act.wizard.c: if ((i = parse_class(*val_arg)) == CLASS_UNDEFINED) {

any suggestions as to how to handle the parse_class(*val_arg) in act.wizard.c?

I think if a proper way to handle this is set, then everything may compile and work correctly.

Thanks,

Dustin

More
19 Dec 2012 21:09 #1200 by thomas
You're calling it with just the "char" argument (the entered text).

Try passing the character struct as well:

if ((i = parse_class(d->character, *val_arg)) == CLASS_UNDEFINED) {

or

if ((i = parse_class(ch, *val_arg)) == CLASS_UNDEFINED) {

depending on whether you have a char_data *ch or a descriptor_data *d in that function.

More
21 Dec 2012 20:15 #1205 by Liko
My Races snippet is a great reference point for adding classes/races.

tbamud.com/downloads/viewdownload/5-snippets/77-races

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds