Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question New item idea

More
23 May 2018 22:41 #8083 by JTP
New item idea was created by JTP
Ok now that whiskey made the zedit easier to repeat commands. I thought damn i have alot of classes and alot of ANTI_CLASS defined. So when i make a new object and i only want it to be usable for 1 specific class, then i thought about an ITEM_ONLY_CLASS

So if i set an obj to ANTI_WARRIOR and ONLY_CLASS, then only warrior would be able to use it. Instead of having to put 13 different ANTI_CLASSES on.

But how the .... would i go about making that ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2018 08:03 #8084 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic New item idea
First create your new item flag definitions.

structs.h
Code:
+ #define ITEM_THIEF 18 /* item can only be used by Thieves*/ #define NUM_ITEM_FLAGS 19 /* increment this define as appropriate */

in constants.c add the text to extra_bits:
Code:
const char *extra_bits[] = { "QUEST_ITEM", + "THIEF", "\n" };

class.c
Code:
int invalid_class(struct char_data *ch, struct obj_data *obj) { if (OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ANTI_THIEF) && IS_THIEF(ch)) return TRUE; + if (OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_THIEF) && !IS_THIEF(ch)) + return (TRUE);

More
24 May 2018 08:14 - 24 May 2018 08:15 #8085 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic New item idea
Your missing the point, then i would have to create 14 new item types, cus i have 14 classes.

I would like an item flag called ONLY-CLASS. So if i set ITEM_ANTI_WARRIOR and ITEM_ONLY_CLASS, then only warrior would be able to use it. And not have to set 13 ITEM_ANTI.....

So that is just 1 new ITEM type instead of 14 ITEM_class1-14 and oedit will look less clouded with ITEM types, cus i already have quite a few of those, so dont need 14 more haha :)

So the ONLY-CLASS will make ITEM_ANTI_WARRIOR into just warrior.

Hope this explains it better.
Last edit: 24 May 2018 08:15 by JTP.

More
24 May 2018 14:49 - 24 May 2018 14:50 #8086 by WhiskyTest
Oh, yep I see.

So in invalid_class do this:
Code:
if (OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ANTI_WARRIOR) && (OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ONLY_CLASS)) && !IS_WARRIOR(ch)) return TRUE;

make a check like that for each class, put it in front of the stock anti-class check
Last edit: 24 May 2018 14:50 by WhiskyTest.

More
24 May 2018 15:19 - 24 May 2018 15:33 #8087 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic New item idea
hmm something is off there, made an item for anti_psi and used only-class. but was not able to wield it
Last edit: 24 May 2018 15:33 by JTP.

More
25 May 2018 06:35 - 25 May 2018 06:36 #8088 by WhiskyTest
My mistake - the above check is OK to stop other classes wearing it, but we still need the warrior to be allowed to wear it.
Code:
/* For items intended for one class - wrong classes are denied... */ if (OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ANTI_WARRIOR) && OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ONLY_CLASS) && !IS_WARRIOR(ch)) return TRUE; /* ...but the correct class is accepted */ if (OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ANTI_WARRIOR) && OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, ITEM_ONLY_CLASS) && IS_WARRIOR(ch)) return FALSE;

add two checks like the above for each class and you'll be golden.
Last edit: 25 May 2018 06:36 by WhiskyTest. Reason: add code tags
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTP

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds