Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Minor Troubles with Stock Areas

More
16 May 2018 15:25 #8073 by Chime
Hi there! I'm not particularly interested in losing the stock zones in general, but I have noticed that the more I customize the codebase the more the stock zones become "buggy." For example, in my TBA project the stock skills and spells are almost completely gone, so the triggers in stock zones that use them have gone a bit haywire. They clearly aren't crashing my game, just an annoyance.

Editing the triggers one by one has been my course of action so far, but it is a little unnecessarily time consuming. I'd like to keep the stock zones for the DG script examples, OLC guides and such, which are extremely useful, but I'm wondering if there's a simpler way than hand-editing triggers to resolve these kinds of minor issues across the board. Is there a command for disabling a trigger from inside trigedit, maybe? I think that would be quicker than editing the scripts themselves. Or maybe disabling triggers from loading/firing in an area altogether?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2018 19:57 #8074 by thomas
short answer - no such switch exists.

However, if I was the one with this problem, I'd use a script to fix it in the lib/world/trg/*.trg files, adding a * in front of casts of spell that no longer exist, for example.
Code:
sed -i .bak 's/dg_cast\ 'magic\ missile'/*dg_cast\ 'magic\ missile'/g' *.trg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chime

More
17 May 2018 17:03 #8075 by Chime
Thank you Thomas. Simple and good solution.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds