Welcome to the Builder Academy

Loved You Guys.

More
18 Mar 2018 22:29 #7711 by Chime
You Guys. was created by Chime
I've spent years wading through various codebases and tinkering. I recently decided to set down some legitimate roots and create my "dream MUD", and I'd been working on customizing a stock ROM for several months. Somebody nudged me toward tbaMUD day before yesterday, and in that time I've managed to replicate every single thing it took me months to achieve on the other codebase and then some. I can't believe how well documented everything is. This has basically been MUD Christmas.

Seriously, you guys are awesome. Just thought you ought to know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2018 22:13 #7725 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic You Guys.
You're welcome :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chime

More
20 Mar 2018 16:26 #7740 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic You Guys.
Great post, you are welcome. Appreciate everyone's help spreading the word, a lot of unnecessary suffering happens when trying to start a MUD from an old and unsupported codebase.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chime

More
21 Mar 2018 01:23 #7743 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic You Guys.
I felt the same way after I chose TBA, and haven't looked back. It's absolutely my favorite, and in the mud discord channel I tell everyone this is the right codebase to use. :)

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
21 Mar 2018 21:47 #7749 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic You Guys.
Yes tbaMUD is pretty flexible if you get creative and spend enough time studying it. One experiment I did was doing a levelless system which seemed to work out well (quite different from the stock circle). Not to mention the amount of help you can get working with it is great!

More
22 Mar 2018 04:19 #7754 by Chime
Replied by Chime on topic You Guys.
That's the direction I'm hoping to go into as things develop - levelless, but retaining classes. Remind me to pick your brain about how you went about it!

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds