Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Communication

More
01 Feb 2018 14:16 #7514 by JTP
Communication was created by JTP
Hey

I have been looking for close to an hour now.

If i wanna make it impossible to talk in anyway in certain environments, is there one place i Can just add an If check.

Or do i need to add that If check to each and every form of communication ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2018 21:29 #7516 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Communication
You will need to alter every command. Luckily, most of them are in one file, in act.comm.c
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTP

More
01 Feb 2018 23:15 #7519 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Communication
Oh, what If i wanted a new communication type. Could i just code do_say and Call it something else. Or is there more to it, to add a new one ?

More
02 Feb 2018 14:44 - 02 Feb 2018 14:44 #7520 by Fizban
Replied by Fizban on topic Communication
How frequent do you want these environments to be? A trigedit script can accomplish the same thing very easily. Whether that's a better route though depends on the scale of such rooms.
Code:
Name: 'No Speaking!' Trigger Intended Assignment: Rooms Trigger Type: Command , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: * Commands: if %cmd.mudcommand% == gossip || %cmd.mudcommand% == say %send% %actor% You try to speak, but you get the feeling that no one can hear you from here. else return 0 end

I'm aware gossip and say aren't the only two channels, but the rest would be done the same way.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2018 14:44 by Fizban.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTP

More
02 Feb 2018 15:38 #7521 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic Communication
Thanks...i Can use that for something ekse, but still need to add a check to them all for this Im doing.

But what about If i wanted a new communication type. Could i just copy do_say and Call it something else. Or is there more to it, to add a new one ?

More
02 Feb 2018 19:30 - 02 Feb 2018 19:32 #7522 by Fizban
Replied by Fizban on topic Communication
Copying a channel that does what you want and then tweaking the aesthetics of it should work fine. You might need to add it to history as well. I don't recall from memory how history was coded.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2018 19:32 by Fizban.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds