Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question One foolish question (was two, but I solved it)

More
13 Dec 2017 18:54 - 13 Dec 2017 19:24 #7241 by Sascha
So, yes, I know... these are odd, and I feel like I've been staring at the screen too long, but...

Question 1: Edited to remove because I HAD been staring at the screen too long, and I did find the solution after a cup of really strong coffee...spec_procs.c was my missing key. *eyeroll*

Question 2:

When I use the shutdown command there's an option to set a time delay for the reboot. In my old mud code base the command would be "shutdown reboot 5" which translates to "do a reboot in 5 minutes". However, I'm getting immediate shutdown with no delay. Bug or muscle memory with me executing the wrong command based on prior mud?

Told you they are foolish questions!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000
Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 19:24 by Sascha. Reason: Answered one of my own questions (DOH!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2017 20:49 #7242 by WhiskyTest
You've found an un-implemented command :D
The helpfile for shutdown does indeed include the time entry.

But looking over the do_shutdown() function, it doesn't include any code for adding a delay .
I don't know how you'd implement that.. maybe with an event?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha

More
14 Dec 2017 13:02 #7244 by Sascha
Okay then! Problem solved! Thanks - I was thinking I was missing a simple, basic, everyone knows this but me kind of thing. :)

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds