Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question What does this mean ?

More
22 Nov 2017 23:23 #7142 by JTP
What does this mean ? was created by JTP
Just saw this in file error, from 3 days ago:

Nov 20 14:18:14 :: SYSERR: Missed 12640 seconds worth of pulses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2017 02:22 #7146 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic What does this mean ?
I think this is expected behavior if the mud goes to sleep longer than 30 seconds - that is if nobody was logged in doing anything.

More
23 Nov 2017 03:50 #7148 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic What does this mean ?
Never seen it in log before, there is plenty times noone is on during the night

More
23 Nov 2017 11:38 #7150 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic What does this mean ?
Hmm, i just took a nap. When i logged back the two corpses in my room was still there and shortly After they decayed.

The zone lifespan is 10 mins, it didnt reset while i slept(much longer Then 10 mins)

If the mud goes to sleep when noone is on, How Can i have missed it i a few years ?

Have i set something on recently without knowing, so it is like that now ?

More
23 Nov 2017 20:02 #7154 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic What does this mean ?
Haha things often become clearer after a little nap :)
Fairly certain this is how the code always behaves and there isn't a config item to adjust it.

I have turned if off completely before so the mud will keep running without players connected. Interesting to see what the mobs get up to and how populated the zones become.
I have a mini-dream of coding some AI behaviors so mobs have to eat/sleep/work etc. to stay alive, and see what happens when left to their own devices..

If you want to try it out just comment out the sleep code in comm.c, around line 760
Code:
/* Sleep if we don't have any connections */ if (descriptor_list == NULL) { log("No connections. Going to sleep."); FD_ZERO(&input_set); FD_SET(local_mother_desc, &input_set); if (select(local_mother_desc + 1, &input_set, (fd_set *) 0, (fd_set *) 0, NULL) < 0) { if (errno == EINTR) log("Waking up to process signal."); else perror("SYSERR: Select coma"); } else log("New connection. Waking up."); gettimeofday(&last_time, (struct timezone *) 0); }

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds