Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Changing user passwords

More
22 Nov 2017 00:51 #7136 by Sascha
Got the mud moved to another server, it's running beautifully, except that one of the other Imps can't log in. It won't accept her password. I've tried the command "set file (hername) password (newpassword)" and the system comes back and says "You cannot change that" even though the online documentation clearly says that I should be able to do so.

What are my options here to change a user's password so this Imp can log in? And was this command disabled in 3.68 (or earlier) and the documentation wasn't caught up?

Thanks much!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2017 01:15 - 22 Nov 2017 01:19 #7138 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Changing user passwords
Good question..
Is it possible to manually edit the pfile in a text editor?

Edit:
Code:
if (GET_LEVEL(vict) >= LVL_GRGOD) { send_to_char(ch, "You cannot change that.\r\n"); return (0); }
This is what is stopping the command, change it so the implementer can do this?
Gotta be careful that imms can't just change other passwords willy-nilly
Last edit: 22 Nov 2017 01:19 by WhiskyTest.

More
22 Nov 2017 03:11 #7139 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Changing user passwords
I went about this a different way for now, after reviewing the code. I realized the easiest answer was to set the Imp to a lower level (HAH! Demoted!) and then I changed her password, and then I set her back to Imp level. She's now able to log in. Funny the things my brain comes up with. :)

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomas

More
22 Nov 2017 22:03 #7141 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Changing user passwords
Good lateral thinking!

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds