Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question (Fun) A Pretty Face on tba-derived MUDs?

More
29 Apr 2017 20:41 #6674 by krell
So I've been tinkering around with MSDP, tmux and tt++ to make a more informative interface for players on my local copy of the codebase (3.67). I know some other people on the forum have been working their own interfaces, but I'm wondering about the progress they have had. I'm going to post my current client interface, though it's pretty much sh*t. I should get my kids to play on my MUD to test things, at least they'd be free test subjects, well after feeding, housing and having them educated. XD

Comments, suggestions and your own pics welcome.

Attachment 2017-04-29-203121_1274x987_scrot.png not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2017 05:20 #6715 by WhiskyTest
I spent a good number of hours fiddling with GUI things but the more I researched the more I realised: what a huge topic!

Some interesting reading here from KaVir as he documented the development of his GUI:
www.mudbytes.net/forum/comment/47814/

Its built for MUSHclient or Mudlet, and you can download it and alter it for your own grim designs if you wanted.

I also poked around with a GUI template available for Mudlet, again you can fiddle around with the code to display however you like.
forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?t=4098

For myself I got a bit frustrated learning how to position the GUI elements and get text displaying correctly. I went through hours of trial and error to find that Stock TBAmud didn't have the MSDP code correctly patched in at that time haha..
Mudlet also doesn't support HTML which was a shame because I really like the overall interface.
Mushclient was able to do all kinds of cool things HTML-wise but I found the interface a bit clunky.

But.. its something I will undoubtedly pick up again soon.

Tintin++ and Tmux are two clients I've never ever tried, I'd love to hear what you think of their potential for more GUI shenanigans?

More
27 May 2017 01:04 #6769 by WhiskyTest

Attachment gui.jpg not found

Here's my attempt at fleshing out the GUI Template with MDSP data from TBAmud.
As you can see its a hodge-podge of gauges and half finished ideas.

The green and blue gauges on the left side are Hunger and Thirst, with an XP bar below it in gold.
Health/Mana/Move in the middle need to be styled the same way, and the opponent health bar is randomly in the middle too.

The automapper at the top right doesn't really work yet.
Attachments:

More
05 Jun 2017 01:41 #6774 by WhiskyTest

Attachment tbagui.jpeg not found

Latest iteration.
I consolidated all the gauges into one location so you're not looking all over the place for the basic info.

Affects are displayed in the middle along with the duration - if anyone has code to send and read this as an array I'd greatly appreciate it. The goal would be to make these into icons rather than text.

Character attributes and misc info displayed to the right.

Auto mapper is now working - even with the Mines of Moria's nasty one way maze exits!
Attachments:

More
13 Jul 2017 16:04 #6790 by rudeboyrave
All of these look great. A good graphical client seems like the way to revive the love for mudding. Ive even thought about trying to get a client developed that could be put on steam as a free to play mmo. It would work, keep it up gents!

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

More
01 Oct 2017 10:14 #6939 by zusuk
This! If we could get some momentum, I think that would be a huge contribution to the TBA project, a default package for Mudlet (and even more) clients.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds