Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Missing Arrival and Depature Announce Strings

More
27 Apr 2017 03:01 #6664 by krell
I modified something in the source a while back, and lately I've noticed that the announce strings for departures and arrivals are missing. In fact, action strings seem to be missing when a PC or NPC does anything or moves from room to room. This includes says and shouts.

Any idea of where I should start looking? I don't remember changing anything to do with informative strings though I may have changed some free's without NULLs to DISPOSE or STRFREE. Pointers or thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2017 13:25 #6668 by krell
Ha, I forgot to include the changes I had made! Attached are the changes I documented as I made them. I probably made a mistake somewhere, in fact I suspect that I made a lot of mistakes.
Attachments:

More
29 Apr 2017 06:32 #6672 by krell
So I figured out the problem. I had nothing to do with what I thought it was. It was related to me trying to troubleshoot something else and having forgotten what I did in the intervening time between looking at the code and trying things.

Below is the offending piece of code. I ran some diffs between my code base and stock 3.67. Now that I've commented out the top line and uncommented the bottom line the announce strings work properly.
Code:
if (!to->desc || !SCRIPT_CHECK(to, MTRIG_ACT)) continue; /* if (!to->desc) continue; if (!to->script) continue; if (!(to->script->types & 1 << 4)) continue; if (!to_sleeping || !AWAKE(to)) continue; if (PLR_FLAGGED(to, PLR_WRITING)) continue; if (to == ch) continue; */ /*if (!SENDOK(to) || (to == ch)) continue;*/

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds