Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question AFF_PROT_**** issue

More
11 Nov 2016 21:31 - 12 Nov 2016 11:44 #6262 by JTP
AFF_PROT_**** issue was created by JTP
Trying to make protections from various elements, tryed this:
Code:
case SPELL_CALL_LIGHTNING: dam = dice(7, 8) + 7; if (AFF_PROT_ELECTRICITY(victim)) dam = 0; break; I get this when i compile: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -c -o magic.o magic.c magic.c: In function ‘mag_damage’: magic.c:322: error: called object ‘34’ is not a function make[1]: *** [magic.o] Error 1

What is wrong ?

And what if i wanted a light that burns out just vanish

send_to_char(ch, "Your light sputters out and dies.\r\n");
act("$n's light sputters out and dies.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
world[IN_ROOM(ch)].light--;

Suppose this is the place in the code, but cant see anywhere else in the actual code where an item is purged ?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2016 11:44 by JTP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2016 20:22 #6264 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic AFF_PROT_**** issue
You would set up your new affect (define it and create a string "Protection Electricity" etc.) and check it like this:
Code:
if (AFF_FLAGGED(ch, AFF_PROT_ELECTRICITY)) dam = 0;

To remove objects is this one:
Code:
extract_obj(obj);

More
12 Nov 2016 20:39 - 12 Nov 2016 23:45 #6265 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic AFF_PROT_**** issue
The AFF worked great now :)

But
Code:
void update_char_objects(struct char_data *ch) { int i; struct obj_data *obj; <<added if (GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT) != NULL) if (GET_OBJ_TYPE(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT)) == ITEM_LIGHT) if (GET_OBJ_VAL(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT), 2) > 0) { i = --GET_OBJ_VAL(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT), 2); if (i == 1) { send_to_char(ch, "Your light begins to flicker and fade.\r\n"); act("$n's light begins to flicker and fade.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); } else if (i == 0) { send_to_char(ch, "Your light sputters out and dies.\r\n"); act("$n's light sputters out and dies.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); extract_obj(obj); <<<added world[IN_ROOM(ch)].light--; } }

Compile:
handler.c: In function ‘update_char_objects’:
handler.c:884: warning: ‘obj’ is used uninitialized in this function

I also tried extract_obj(WEAR_LIGHT)
That crashed the mud when light ran out,
Item was still in my eq list

Also tried putting the extract last after world[IN_ROOM......
That also crashed the mud, BUT when i got the game back up, the item was actually gone. But sucks it crashed it.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2016 23:45 by JTP.

More
13 Nov 2016 00:32 #6268 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic AFF_PROT_**** issue
Any ideas how to get it to work ? Maybe even also if its torches only cus they burn away, so lanterns dont extract.

More
13 Nov 2016 19:47 #6269 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic AFF_PROT_**** issue

JTP wrote:

Code:
void update_char_objects(struct char_data *ch) { int i; - struct obj_data *obj; if (GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT) != NULL) if (GET_OBJ_TYPE(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT)) == ITEM_LIGHT) if (GET_OBJ_VAL(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT), 2) > 0) { i = --GET_OBJ_VAL(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT), 2); if (i == 1) { send_to_char(ch, "Your light begins to flicker and fade.\r\n"); act("$n's light begins to flicker and fade.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); } else if (i == 0) { send_to_char(ch, "Your light sputters out and dies.\r\n"); act("$n's light sputters out and dies.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM); - extract_obj(obj); + extract_obj(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT)); world[IN_ROOM(ch)].light--; } }

Because this warning tells us that "obj" is not set to anything useful before being used. And in the function, GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_LIGHT) is consistently used to get a pointer to the object.

JTP wrote: Compile:
handler.c: In function ‘update_char_objects’:
handler.c:884: warning: ‘obj’ is used uninitialized in this function

I like that you write what you tried - I'm making the assumption that you are literal here:

JTP wrote: I also tried extract_obj(WEAR_LIGHT)
That crashed the mud when light ran out,
Item was still in my eq list

Also tried putting the extract last after world[IN_ROOM......
That also crashed the mud, BUT when i got the game back up, the item was actually gone. But sucks it crashed it.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds