Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Moving automap

More
03 Mar 2016 02:25 - 03 Mar 2016 05:25 #5618 by Dvinn
Moving automap was created by Dvinn
Hello!

I've been working for the last month on my MUD and am having a blast doing so! I'm a newb coder so I'm still learning everything but I've made a lot of progess (yay!). However, I've run into a snag that I can't quite get right. I'm trying to move the automap to the left of the room description. As it currently stands with default tbaMUD, as I'm sure you are all aware, the automap is on the right. I can remove the room description entirely or move the description below the map -- but I can't seem to figure out how to the move the map to the left of the room description. This code is quite a bit above my current comfort level in asciimap.c and I need some pro-level help!

:)

Thank you!
Last edit: 03 Mar 2016 05:25 by Dvinn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2016 14:19 #5619 by wyld
Replied by wyld on topic Moving automap
The first two arguments to strpaste() are the string to place on the left, and string to place on the right. I reversed these, and the result seems to be what you intend.
Code:
if(worldmap) send_to_char(ch, "%s", strpaste(WorldMap(centre, size, MAP_CIRCLE, MAP_COMPACT), strfrmt(str, GET_SCREEN_WIDTH(ch) - char_size, size*2 + 1, FALSE, TRUE, TRUE), " \tn")); else send_to_char(ch, "%s", strpaste(CompactStringMap(centre, size), strfrmt(str, GET_SCREEN_WIDTH(ch) - char_size, size*2 + 1, FALSE, TRUE, TRUE), " \tn"));

Hope this helps!

More
04 Mar 2016 01:21 #5620 by Dvinn
Replied by Dvinn on topic Moving automap
Thanks, Wyld. Worked exactly as I was trying to do. I was moving the strpaste with the strfrmt which was causing my headache. I appreciate your time looking at this!

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds