Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Merry Christmas 2015!

More
13 Dec 2015 21:37 #5537 by WhiskyTest
Merry Christmas + Happy New Year Everyone!

Wishing you all the best relaxing things as we wrap up another year :)
It's summertime in NZ and beach + BBQ's are usually on the cards, although we do like the traditional roast dinner mmm....

I get a bit of a break from work and shall be dabbling with the codebase, hope to upload a couple of snippets and things.
I went through a Zombie phase and turned TBAmud into a horror/survival MUD that used random spawning of mobs based on the number of active players to invade zones, the players needed to clear the zone of zombies and capture the spawn points to stop the waves attacking.
I am fickle however, and got bored of that.

Currently I've started working on a Warhammer 40K PvP themed MUD, it's been a longtime wish to emulate the Aliens Vs Predator LexiMUD that I grew up playing. That's been fun and the project itself is small enough that I should be able to "finish" it. That is my new years resolution - to "complete" a MUD. In my heart I know a MUD isn't ever truly complete as there is always more to do whether it is building or coding. But getting it to a point where a player can log in and play happily with finished content is something I have yet to achieve.

Are you guys and gals planning to do any coding over the holidays? Would love to hear what people are doing with their own projects.

Cheers!
WhiskyTest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds