Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question tbaMUD Revival

More
01 Aug 2015 17:57 #5487 by Rumble
tbaMUD Revival was created by Rumble
I'm back and have the weekend to put some time into TBA. Feel free to stop by and say hello. I am always looking for people to help out with new builders, expanding the World, and working on the bug & idea files. If anyone is looking for a project to work on here are a few:

Builder: Create your own interactive World.

Teacher: Once you understand the basics of building return the favor by teaching others.

Developer: the bug & idea files are always a work in progress. Stop by and see if you can help.

Tester: Uncover bugs, submit ideas, and find typos. The tbamud.com builder port is 9091 while the player port is 4000.

Implementor: Download a copy of tbaMUD from Github to customize and run your own MUD.

Advertiser: Help us spread the word and grow the community. We have a Facebook page that I continue to neglect!

Make your own job: Come up with something unique and if it helps the MUDding community we will support it.

If anyone has other ideas please message me or stop by TBA.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2015 22:30 #5488 by Kewlb
Replied by Kewlb on topic tbaMUD Revival
Hey Rumble,

I have recently started programming again. I actually am adapting a copy of tbaMUD to be what I am looking for as a base to expand from. Something that fully utilizes the new protocol system for all menus / OLC modes, has a full dynamic crafting system, uses events/timer system for fighting/regen/other actions. I like quite a lot of extra fields on objects and mobs too. The flexibility that 8 exra values gives you for objects is quite powerful. It allows me to implement ranged weapons, weapon's having certain speeds which I can control in 10ms increments, etc.. I also prefer a different skill/spell system that is more tree-like than class/level based.

If I can figure out how to make a patch then I will release a patch of the crafing system I am working on now (only changes from tbaMUD base are for this crafting system). I had a great one on Fallout: The Dirty South that I adapted from the "Assemblies" circle patch. I am expanding on this code and hope to have something great in a week or two.

Currently you can define crafting verbs (craft, smelt, forge, sheer, etc..) and assign some object to be created by using that verb. Each object will be crafted from a variety of ingredients which can be other objects [in room, in inventory, or in a certain wear position which can further be extracted or left alone], mobiles [keep the mobile or replacing the mobile with a different mobile], or ingredients [defined as an array in code] which are things like iron, platinum, cotton, wool, etc..).

For example I can create an object "sheep's wool" and define that it is created by using the Sheer verb, having the player holding a "sheers" object and having a "sheep mobile" in the room which gets replace with a "sheered sheep mobile". This creates the ingredient wool that is placed in the user's inventory. The other sheep mobile can have a script that lets it eventually grow the wool back. All of this can be defined via an OLC interface in the game.

More
02 Aug 2015 23:06 #5489 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic tbaMUD Revival
Idea: A way to reset forgotten passwords

I went to log into tba builder port for the first time all year and can't remember my password :D

More
03 Aug 2015 03:50 #5490 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic tbaMUD Revival
Feel free to delete and re-create or email me a temp password and I'll set it for you.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
22 Aug 2015 07:57 #5507 by Papaya Pete
Replied by Papaya Pete on topic tbaMUD Revival
Hey Rumble, welcome back!

I've been still working on my mud, though I've changed the theme to a Redwall parody (I'm calling it BlueHedge, wakka wakka) and have been playing with the idea of making a classless, skill-based system. Seems to be working out well so far; lots of scripting.

If I ever get this thing posted someplace, will share with you guys and hear your comments.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds