Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Zone indexes?

More
14 Jul 2015 00:38 #5430 by aredcloak19
Zone indexes? was created by aredcloak19
Hello everyone,

After a long bit I decided to come back looking at tbamud, and I see that there is a few updates since I was last looking at it. I'm curious to have a minimal tbamud without most of the stock zones. After looking at the lib where the version that I'm familiar with 3.64 housed there links aren't there anymore I was curious on how to cleanly take out most of the zones.

Thanks again,

Aredcloak19

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2015 17:46 #5431 by krell
Replied by krell on topic Zone indexes?
Firstly, the world directories and their indexes are still in lib/world.

Secondly, running in minimud mode should load the MUD without most of the zones.

Lastly, just unlinking the zones you don't want people having access too is probably safest at this point. Some zones are still hard coded into the codebase.

More
14 Jul 2015 21:54 #5432 by aredcloak19
Replied by aredcloak19 on topic Zone indexes?
Yes, that's where I was looking at Krell, but when I look in the any of the folders (mobs, objs, trigs,world,zone, etc) they are only 3 entries in each, but the mud is still stock. Are those all hard coded?

Example of the world index
Code:
0.wld 12.wld 30.wld $

I haven't touch any code yet and that's why I was asking about that because in the 3.64 version which I'm use to, it had all the references right there. When you talk about the minimud mode, is there a command/setting that you need to look do/change in tba?

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

More
14 Jul 2015 22:45 #5433 by krell
Replied by krell on topic Zone indexes?

aredcloak19 wrote: Yes, that's where I was looking at Krell, but when I look in the any of the folders (mobs, objs, trigs,world,zone, etc) they are only 3 entries in each, but the mud is still stock. Are those all hard coded?

Example of the world index

Code:
0.wld 12.wld 30.wld $

I don't know why only 3 zones are showing for you. Are you looking in index.mini perchance?

I haven't touch any code yet and that's why I was asking about that because in the 3.64 version which I'm use to, it had all the references right there.

Again, I don't know why you're seeing these differences. I see complete listings of all the zones on my test version of the MUD.

When you talk about the minimud mode, is there a command/setting that you need to look do/change in tba?

I think you have to turn it on in OLC through cedit, or you can modify one of the config files in src and recompile.

More
15 Jul 2015 19:47 - 15 Jul 2015 19:54 #5434 by aredcloak19
Replied by aredcloak19 on topic Zone indexes?
Thanks Krell for the help. I found how to start in the mini-mud mode. Now, i have another question for someone or Krell again. Could I use the mini-mud mode for actual deving zones for the world or will it not save anything after being shutdown and restarted in mini-mode? In addition Krell, there isn't a cedit for the mini-mud mode. it is only done in the autorun file. Yes, I was looking looking in the index.mini file. I didn't realize that there was 2 index files.

For people looking for a minimal mini-mud mode, the doc that you need to look in is the admin.txt file or just open the autorun file to edit it in the main tbamud folder and do this. I copied the comments too so that you could find it easier in the file.

Code:
# Default flags to pass to the MUD server (see admin.txt for a description # of all flags). FLAGS='-q -m'

Last edit: 15 Jul 2015 19:54 by aredcloak19.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds