Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Using C++ in tbaMUD

More
02 Jul 2015 01:39 #5366 by Liko
Using C++ in tbaMUD was created by Liko
Hello,

So would it be a bad idea for me to program in C++ in tbaMUD? I actually love tbaMUD, but I prefer C++ language. I just know my way around all the tbaMUD files. Would it be a bad idea to program in C++?

Sincerely,

Liko.

PS,

Happy 4th of July.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2015 21:15 #5371 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Using C++ in tbaMUD
There's not much to stop you - C is a subset of C++ and as such it should be relatively easy to pull off.
However, not many in the community have experience with C++, so you'd be on your own, if things don't work.

And we'd probably not accept pull requests with C++ requirements.

That said, if you feel you'd get more out of coding in C++, go ahead :) it's a free world, and I can't (and won't) decide this for you.

More
03 Jul 2015 00:55 #5378 by WhiskyTest
Replied by WhiskyTest on topic Using C++ in tbaMUD
That would mean a complete overhaul - moving the structures to objects or some such?
Also, when is Dragonball MUD ready for testing? ;)

More
03 Jul 2015 19:52 #5382 by Kyle
Replied by Kyle on topic Using C++ in tbaMUD
No there would be no overhaul involved. You can link .cpp files with .c files just fine.

On many systems you don't even need to change compilers.

More
04 Jul 2015 04:01 #5387 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Using C++ in tbaMUD

WhiskyTest wrote: That would mean a complete overhaul - moving the structures to objects or some such?
Also, when is Dragonball MUD ready for testing? ;)

That is the reason Dragon Ball MUD is taking so long, I'm moving to C++ and learning C++. So I'm either writing it from scratch or going to use tbaMud. I had a version of Dragon Ball MUD up and running with combat and everything, but I did it thru BYOND and I did not like that. So I decided to learn C++. Hence where I am at now.

Hopefully, I can come up with the fix of reading number past 2.14 billion.

Plus,

With Dragon Ball Z: Super starting in two days..I am getting new source material. I am happy for new Dragon Ball Z!

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

More
04 Jul 2015 04:07 #5388 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic Using C++ in tbaMUD
I think overall if I start writing snippets again, I need to make a C++ and C version. Or include them in the same snippet. I am enjoying learning C++. When I usually start a mud, I tend to strip everything down anyway. So we'll see what I do..

Now off to rest. I am going to be more active. Expect for when I have my child. Which is every other weekend. I should be moving next month, so I'll have some down time then also.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds