Welcome to the Builder Academy

Important Datacenter Equipment Move / Public IP Address Change

More
21 Jan 2015 16:45 #5206 by Kewlb
Hey All,

I am relocating all cloud hosting equipment from one datacenter provider to another. This is happening starting Friday January 23rd 2015 and all systems should be back up and operational by Saturday around 5:00 PM CST.

Your currently assigned public IP address will change.
At 5:00 PM CST on January 23rd please update DNS to reflect this.
Your new IP address will be: 69.2.56.234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2015 21:24 #5207 by thomas
will do, thanks for the heads up

More
22 Jan 2015 05:42 #5208 by Parnassus
Just to verify: this doesn't affect the mud address (tbamud.com port 9091 or port 4000 for the playport) or the website ( www.tbamud.com/ ) except for the downtime? What will be inaccessible during that period, please? And we'd probably need to add some time onto that to reflect the time to change the DNS?

Sorry, I don't understand the internet stuff. I just tap stuff into the boxes and expect certain things to happen.

More
22 Jan 2015 16:00 #5209 by thomas
there might be som hours where the site and the mud won't be as easily accessible as usual while the switch takes place.

For my part, TTL for the DNS is 60 minutes, so worst case, after I switch the IP there, it will work after an hour. But for most, the change will be transparent.

More
25 Jan 2015 06:02 #5210 by Rumble
Everything seems to be back up, thanks for hosting us and the smooth transition.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds