Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Branch Academy?

More
11 Nov 2014 13:41 #5112 by Parnassus
Branch Academy? was created by Parnassus
I've been asked to consult on some zones and triggers for 4dimensions mud. I've noticed that the help files aren't nearly as helpful as ours so I've suggested making a sort of Academy branch office to help newbie builders there. The information I'm planning will be a mixture of 4d info, code and rules, tba info and my own personal experiences.

So the first question is: are there limits to what I should be using? For instance, grabs of helpfiles and copies of triggers? I can actually limit the triggers to the ones posted here since, as is probably obvious, I love the triggers of the day!

The second is: Academy branch office is a terrible term! Any suggestions for a more educational sort of term? Branch office is just so business instead of education.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2014 19:20 #5115 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Branch Academy?
Sounds like a lot of duplicate effort :-p We had a lot of TBA's info on webpages etc. but I got tired of maintaining things in multiple places. So now it is all mostly on TBA, one stop shop. Probably the easiest solution would be to make your own "differences" help files or website between TBA and 4D.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
15 Nov 2014 04:30 #5118 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic Branch Academy?
It won't actually be as duplicated as it sounds. It'll be my own take on a zone similar to zone 0, expanded to include some helpfile info. Of course, there's a lot more to it than that or I'd just ask them to put zone 0 on the buildport.

It'll be custom tailored to 4d and will make it easy for 4d builders to check without opening another window, either web browser or game client. I've always liked having the ability to, for instance, pop into room 8 to find out more about redit.

So far, its been good for me because I'm learning about different flags and trigger types and so on.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds