Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Trigger of the Day: The bell ringer

More
19 Sep 2014 20:38 - 20 Sep 2014 18:27 #5059 by aredcloak19
Ok, I have been idle from the forum for a little awhile.... Well about 6 months. As of recently, I have been adding mobs/objects/triggers to the Luminari Mud. I was asked to add a bell with an achievement I'm still working on it, but I would like to share the trigger that helped me do this.
Code:
Name: 'Bell ringer achievement', VNum: [145200], RNum: [ 1631] Trigger Intended Assignment: Rooms Trigger Type: Command , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: * Commands: * * Written by Jordan(Alexandra) * help from the staff of LuminariMud * Help with the trigger from Rumble on the tbamud forums * For German GamerCon 9/19/14 * * if %cmd.car% == ring if bell /= %arg% if %actor.varexists(bell_ringer)% %echo% %actor.name% struggles as %actor.heshe% pushes on the button. %send% %actor% You push the button putting all your weight into it, slowly gives. wait 1 sec %zoneecho% The bell rings. %send% %actor% You have the bell achievement. else %echo% %actor.name% struggles as %actor.heshe% pushes on the button. %send% %actor% You push the button putting all your weight into it, slowly gives. wait 1 sec %zoneecho% The bell rings. %send% %actor% Congratulations: %actor.name% have rang the bell, you receive 100 exp for ringing the bell. nop %actor.exp(100)% set bell_ringer 1 remote bell_ringer %actor.id% end else %send% %actor% You have to choose something to ring. end else return 0 end

This was based on the Rumble's trigger if you want to look at it. As I'm not finished with this trigger yet. I will edit when I have completed it and show the rest of the trigger. Also I would like to add that this trigger helped me figure out how to teleport people without actually connecting the rooms in the traditional sense of n,e,s,w.

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."
Last edit: 20 Sep 2014 18:27 by aredcloak19. Reason: Finishing the trigger for everyone with the bell ringer achievement

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2014 00:30 #5063 by rudeboyrave
may i suggest an echoaround on the struggle message and a wait 1s before the bell rings? it seems like it would be better that way imo.

Code:
Trigger Intended Assignment: Rooms Trigger Type: Command , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: ring Commands: * * Written by Jordan(Alexandra) * Help with the trigger from Rumble on the tbamud forums * For German GamerCon 9/19/14 * * if bell /= %arg% %echoaround% %actor% %actor.name% struggles as %actor.heshe% pushes on the button. %send% %actor% You push the button putting all your weight into it. It slowly gives. wait 1s %echo% The bell tolls. else %echo% I don't see what you want to "@yring@x". The @ybell@x perhaps? end

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

More
20 Sep 2014 08:39 #5065 by aredcloak19
Hey rave,

The reason why I chose the %echo% instead of the %echoaround% is because then the player can see what they are doing when they ring the bell. The trigger is probably going to change drastically because I'm adding in the a nop %actor.exp(100)% into and going to check to see if they have already done the ringing of the bell.

aredcloak19

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

More
20 Sep 2014 21:00 - 20 Sep 2014 21:01 #5066 by rudeboyrave
yes but it is bad syntax for the player to see their own name in the action message.

Rave pushes the button instead of You push the button.

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2014 21:01 by rudeboyrave.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds