Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question wis_app questioned.

More
22 Apr 2014 01:07 #4856 by Liko
wis_app questioned. was created by Liko
Hello,

Since I'm programming a DB/Z inspired mud stats are going to be trainable. I have them capped at 10,000, but no player will be able to reach that, but I look at wis_app and see this:
Code:
cpp_extern const struct wis_app_type wis_app[] = { {0}, /* wis = 0 */ {0}, /* wis = 1 */ {0}, {0}, {0}, {0}, /* wis = 5 */ {0}, {0}, {0}, {0}, {0}, /* wis = 10 */ {0}, {2}, {2}, {3}, {3}, /* wis = 15 */ {3}, {4}, {5}, /* wis = 18 */ {6}, {6}, /* wis = 20 */ {6}, {6}, {7}, {7}, {

Now what does wis_app do? It affects practices gained per level.

For someone like me I something better, as do I think everyone else who decides to go over 25.

What are some ways wis_app and everything like it can be written.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2014 18:37 #4857 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic wis_app questioned.
Check where it's used and replace it with a function? With thousands of levels, you'll have to alter the practice system as well, as far as I can tell...

More
23 Apr 2014 00:40 - 23 Apr 2014 00:40 #4862 by Liko
Replied by Liko on topic wis_app questioned.

thomas wrote: Check where it's used and replace it with a function? With thousands of levels, you'll have to alter the practice system as well, as far as I can tell...

Class.c is the only place wis_app is used.
Class.c:
Code:
if (IS_MAGIC_USER(ch) || IS_CLERIC(ch)) GET_PRACTICES(ch) += MAX(2, wis_app[GET_WIS(ch)].bonus); else GET_PRACTICES(ch) += MIN(2, MAX(1, wis_app[GET_WIS(ch)].bonus));

That is the only place it is used. I believe it affects how many practices you gain per level.

I was thinking of writing a block of code using:
Code:
MAX_PRACTICE_GAINED 7

My only issue is coming up with a formula.

Randian(0.0.0)
Owner/Developer
Last edit: 23 Apr 2014 00:40 by Liko.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds