Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question In-game Character Name Change Keep vnum

More
19 Apr 2014 17:12 #4852 by krell
I know tba doesn't have a means to change a character's name short of deleting and rolling a new character, but if tba did what are some ideas that one could implement in code, script and policy to make it sufficiently difficult for all but the most determined players (who'd one simply ban in the end) from abusing the feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2014 02:36 #4853 by Papaya Pete
Hmm... thought that a staff-type character could use "set" to change a character's name. Are you talking about players being able to change their own names?

More
21 Apr 2014 04:18 #4854 by krell
Actually, for some reason I didn't think that "set" allowed that. I don't know why, I recall reading HELP SET before I posted. Now I feel silly.

That said, I was thinking more along the lines of players changing their own names. Re-reading my OP I see that I didn't make that clear.

Thanks.

More
22 Apr 2014 18:42 #4859 by thomas
I figure you'd just tell people it was illegal and log it very prominently when it happened?
Why is it an issue?

More
23 Apr 2014 00:11 - 23 Apr 2014 00:12 #4860 by krell
It's not an issue, but some people may have allowed users to have access to such a feature.

Would I make it available to player characters? No and that's because I'm not sure I could keep people from abusing it. However, some might or even have allowed name change as a feature and I'm just looking to see how they did it and if it worked.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2014 00:12 by krell.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds