Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Greetings!

More
30 Dec 2013 21:55 - 01 Jan 2014 04:35 #4598 by RussBrown
Greetings! was created by RussBrown
Hello there!

My name is Russ Brown and I wanted to introduce myself. I recently have pulled my old mud code out of mothballs in order to start working on it again as a hobby. It was called Mosaic and was up publicly for about a year or so sometime around '97 or '98. Although it never had a very big player base, with about 15 players maximum at one time. It is based on the CircleMud 3.0bpl17 code base and had numerous customizations to the code.

I have set up a development box running Ubuntu 12.04 and compiled and run the game on my home network. I have spent the last month or so re-familiarizing myself with the code. Then about a week ago I discovered that tbamud had continued development on the CircleMUD code base. I am very impressed with the amount of development done, so I have decided to move to the tbamud-3.64 code base. I figured it would be a lot easier to move my own customizations to tbamud then try and recreate all the improvements like the ascii mapper, OLC improvements, and support for the various MUD protocols to my older code base.

So I am here jut to say hello and ask one question. What is the best source to look for changes made to the code base since tba took over developing CircleMud? Is it the changelog file included with the download or is there something online?

Thanks,
Russ Brown
Last edit: 01 Jan 2014 04:35 by RussBrown. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2013 22:17 #4604 by Parnassus
Replied by Parnassus on topic Greetings!
I think the changelog is included but you can look here:

github.com/welcor/tbamud/blob/master/changelog

Welcome to the forums.

More
01 Jan 2014 01:05 #4606 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Greetings!
Welcome, glad you found TBA. Let us know if you run into any problems. The version history is in /docs/release.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
01 Jan 2014 04:37 #4607 by RussBrown
Replied by RussBrown on topic Greetings!
Hi guys.
Thanks for the replies.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds