Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question windows 7

More
13 Oct 2013 16:41 #4406 by Cblake
windows 7 was created by Cblake
is anyone running 3.64 in win 7?
mine runs but crashes when you try to save anything in cedit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2013 18:22 #4444 by Cblake
Replied by Cblake on topic windows 7
update on my thread.
after more testing I see only the cedit routine crashes the mud when you save on win 7 premium. none of the other editors do it.
I am compiling the tba mud with msvc 2010 express.
will try same version of 2008 and see how it goes.
don't know whats wrong, cedit just seems to call save_file.
maybe it's write permission problems, but it can write all the other files to disk, just not config for some reason. weird.
will try running the mud as admin and see if it helps.

More
29 Oct 2013 00:54 #4445 by Kvasir
Replied by Kvasir on topic windows 7
Late reply sorry :)

I used to run earlier versions of TBAMud on Win7 using Visual Studio.
I would get strange crashes but not the one you described. Mine would crash if I looked at an incapacitated mob or PC for example. When others looked into it they could not reproduce the crash.

Now I run it on Win8.1 but using Cygwin.
You can pick up Netbeans for free and this is very similar to Visual Studio in terms of features and feel.

It is worth a look in as you can use commands like copyover from in-game, which I find invaluable.

More
09 Dec 2013 06:19 #4567 by Cblake
Replied by Cblake on topic windows 7

Kvasir wrote: Late reply sorry :)

I used to run earlier versions of TBAMud on Win7 using Visual Studio.
I would get strange crashes but not the one you described. Mine would crash if I looked at an incapacitated mob or PC for example. When others looked into it they could not reproduce the crash.

Now I run it on Win8.1 but using Cygwin.
You can pick up Netbeans for free and this is very similar to Visual Studio in terms of features and feel.

It is worth a look in as you can use commands like copyover from in-game, which I find invaluable.

well, I never found out what it was, but I was compiling with msvc 2010 express. and switched to same version but the 2008 edition. and all problems went away. weird.
so, it was something with the 2010 and win7

More
10 Dec 2013 17:13 #4569 by aredcloak19
Replied by aredcloak19 on topic windows 7
I use Cygwin to run tbamud and I have actually had no problems. I just downloaded everything that it said in the category. I don't know about windows 8.1 though. If I get a new computer I'm probably going to revert it back to windows 7.

I'm the one that people say, "How did you break this and what did you do to break it."

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds