Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question tbaMUD on Raspberry Pi not working

More
26 Sep 2013 19:48 #4353 by wedge
Trying to get tbaMUD running on Raspberry Pi. Raspbian for now, just as a test. Had running fine on Win XP with Cygwin. I took those MUD files and moved them over, deleted the config.cache, ran sh ./configure which goes through, normally, then src; make. Which gives some errors, that I'm sure is the root of the problem.

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/thepaths# cd src
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/thepaths/src# make
make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pi/thepaths/src'
gcc -o ../bin/circle act.comm.o act.informative.o act.item.o act.movement.o act.offensive.o act.other.o act.social.o act.wizard.o aedit.o asciimap.o ban.o boards.o bsd-snprintf.o castle.o cedit.o class.o comm.o config.o constants.o db.o dg_comm.o dg_db_scripts.o dg_event.o dg_handler.o dg_misc.o dg_mobcmd.o dg_objcmd.o dg_olc.o dg_scripts.o dg_triggers.o dg_variables.o dg_wldcmd.o fight.o genmob.o genobj.o genolc.o genqst.o genshp.o genwld.o genzon.o graph.o handler.o hedit.o house.o improved-edit.o interpreter.o limits.o magic.o mail.o medit.o mobact.o modify.o oasis.o oasis_copy.o oasis_delete.o oasis_list.o objsave.o oedit.o players.o qedit.o quest.o random.o redit.o sedit.o shop.o spec_assign.o spec_procs.o spell_parser.o spells.o tedit.o utils.o weather.o zedit.o zmalloc.o -lcrypt
zmalloc.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../bin/circle] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/thepaths/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/thepaths/src#

If I try to run sh ./autorun syslog has error, "nohup: failed to run command 'bin/circle': No such file or directory."

If I look in the /bin/circle directory I see half a dozen EXEs including circle.exe, which doesn't seem right (possibly from running on Win XP with Cygwin)? I have tried a few different things to get it rebuild correctly, with no success. I don't know if I just can't make this transition.

For comparison I tried to run a fresh download of tbaMUD 3.64 and when I try to run sh ./configure I get error "configure: error: can not find sources in . or .." right off the bat. So not sure what's going on there either.

I'm not a Linux expert by any means, obviously. Not sure if this just can't be done easily, or if its permissions, or something else entirely. Open to suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2013 01:56 #4355 by rudeboyrave
ty to delete all of the .o files and do a clean compile?

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

More
01 Oct 2013 22:28 - 01 Oct 2013 22:29 #4368 by atebyagrue
Do you have gcc installed? I seem to recall running into this issue a year or so ago when running on Debian, but I can't recall if it was trying to make without gcc/g++, the wrong version of it, or having to create a symlink in some odd place because the package was configured incorrectly.

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."
-Grace Hopper
Last edit: 01 Oct 2013 22:29 by atebyagrue.

More
02 Oct 2013 21:02 #4374 by thomas
make clean all

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds