Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question This Website's Availability

More
19 Apr 2013 22:53 #1964 by Kewlb
A trend I have noticed recently is that this site is unavailable quite a bit. Over 3 times, at various internet locations, I have been unable to access the site for extended periods of time.

If you are having issues with your hosting and such, I might be able to help. I am the VP of a managed service provider, and would be happy to carve up a little linux server on our VMware cluster, toss you a public IP address [for free], and let you have at it. I can ensure that it will will have zero downtime/unavailability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fizban

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2013 23:46 #1965 by JTP
Replied by JTP on topic This Website's Availability
Yea i wasnt able to come on this site for quite many hours.

More
20 Apr 2013 18:10 #1967 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic This Website's Availability
I have this same problem fairly often. At least a couple of times a week it seems like I can't connect to this site for an hour or more. I was running around on port 4000 almost all day yesterday, but I couldn't connect to this site the whole time.

More
20 Apr 2013 21:08 #1970 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic This Website's Availability
Hi guys. You're spot on the money when assuming we've got "a problem with our provider".

In short we have this problem: forums.cpanel.net/f5/errors-updating-sys...2512.html#post958301

I didn't make that post, but it is accurate as far as the problem description goes. Due to this there's been some downtime during the last couple of weeks, and they're not quite done fixing it yet; last count still shows ~15 files/directories as affected. Some of those are web-related, making this a top priority to get fixed.

As a result I've been considering changing hosting for the site(s), mud and everything.

@Kewlb: we have reasonably modest requirements (neither mud, websites nor databases are particularly large) and I'm thrilled about your offer. At the moment we get by with 1.25GB RAM and only use about 7GB of the 80GB we're paying for. Will you contact me via private message about this?

More
22 Apr 2013 22:19 #1989 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic This Website's Availability
There'll be a short downtime tomorrow while the rest of the files are fixed.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds