Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question tbaMUD and Circlemud Rasputin

More
14 Nov 2012 03:47 #1041 by cthos
So I had a very quick question. I recently started poking around with where Circlemud has gotten to (I was modifying a version years ago on the buddha build for fun), and I have noticed that tbaMUD is continuing the Circlemud codebase.

There's also a build called Rasputin which appears to have last been modified in 2008, but which integrated the OGL rules from WotC, and that intrigues me a great deal.

So, does tbaMUD use the original Circlemud engine, or did somehow that OGL version get put in somewhere?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2012 05:21 #1043 by zusuk
Circle with Goodies (CWG) includes Buddah and Rasputin (and DOOM) which are Circle deritivites that incorporate D20 rules.

tbaMUD doesn't follow D20 rules...

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
15 Nov 2012 00:57 #1057 by cthos
Ah, so CWG is a fork off of the original iteration of CircleMUD with tbaMUD being a direct successor, I take it?

More
15 Nov 2012 01:13 #1058 by Rumble
tbaMUD and CWG were both developed separately off the original CircleMUD. We worked with the CWG team and shared many of the fixes and updates but avoided any major changes to keep to the original CircleMUD vision.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
15 Nov 2012 02:16 #1060 by cthos
Awesome, that clears it up. Thanks!

More
15 Nov 2012 06:21 #1062 by zusuk
Yeah LuminariMUD, in addition to other things, is an unofficial attempt to consolidate the two along with some elements from Gicker's d20MUD codebase.

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds