Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Getting tbamud-3.63 started

More
10 Nov 2012 05:03 #1017 by dfeigel71
Hoping someone here can help me out a little. It has been years since I had done any mud work or coding and I decided to take it up again as a hobby for the time being. After learning that the circlemud name was moved over to tbamud, I was able to find the most current version, tbamud-3.63. Thanks for all the updates on the code base as it sounds great and from what I have seen, things look great.

Now to my problem. I am running this on my own home Linux system. I have everything mostly all set. The package was decompressed, the configuration script was ran, the source compiled without a single error.

Now my problem comes when I attempt to start the mud using the autorun script. I execute it just like all Linux files that can be executed using ./autorun & . The mud appears to start up and die instantly. I have tried to resolve this problem and can not seem to locate what is causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really would like to get this up and moving so I can start customizing it wit the ideas my wife and I have.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Dustin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2012 12:50 #1018 by rudeboyrave
check your syslog.CRASH and see what the error is.

CyberASSAULT
www.cyberassault.org
cyberassault.org 11111
A post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MUD.

More
10 Nov 2012 18:25 #1020 by Rumble
You can also run it manually (not in the background) by using the "bin/circle" command. This will show you the same thing as syslog.CRASH. Post your results either way and we can help you out. Since it is a clean install I'm guessing the port you are trying to run it on (4000) is already in use.

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
10 Nov 2012 18:26 #1022 by dfeigel71
Ok, i figured it out. It was a problem with my linux system and not within the mud itself. I fixed it by rebooting the system. For some reason the system didn't want to allow the mud to run on the ip address of localhost. Once rebooted it worked fine.

Thanks for the help,

Dustin

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds