Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question How to add more levels to Lumi code

More
08 Apr 2013 07:27 - 08 Apr 2013 07:32 #1858 by JTP
Hey

Just tried to add more levels to the code but its NOT like circle or tbamud, anyone pls tell me what to do, to add levels, seems the THAC0 system has been replaced with something new :)

SO IM QUITE LOST hehe :)

Thanks
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 07:32 by JTP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2013 18:26 #1913 by zusuk
tbamud.com/forum/8-snippets/33-adding-levels

Skip step 2 and 3

That should be it, basically you just need to technically redefine what LVL_IMMORT is

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
13 Apr 2013 19:22 #1916 by JTP
so its a more automated system ?
so basicly set lvl immort from 31 to 51 and code handles thaco and exp to next lvl it self ?

More
13 Apr 2013 23:20 #1918 by Fizban
It's quite common for a formula to be used for thaco and exp tnl, I've always felt it was odd that circle didn't use a formula actually, since if it did it'd be much easier to adjust the maximum level.

More
14 Apr 2013 04:54 #1920 by zusuk
*agree fizban*

Yep JTP, there is no THAC0 in my system, it is converted to the DnD3.5 / D20 system of BAB (Base Attack Bonus).. which is basically just the same system but it doesn't go in opposite direction for benefits (minus THAC0 is good, plus BAB is good)

EXP is done by formula too, but I just remembered the epic races will explode on you if you raise them too much higher level due to the xp charts they use are insane. To fix it, just reduce their XP factor in the switch() case in the function (in class.c) that handles xp calculation (I forget its actual name)

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds