Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Introduction

More
22 Feb 2019 01:28 #8324 by Osailor
Introduction was created by Osailor
Hi All!

I'll start by saying I have zero coding experience and minimal building experience, but am a bit of a MUD fan. Was trying to find my MUD home for a bit there, but none of the RPI's currently on the market kept me reeled in for long and I hated deviating from the codebase I started on (CircleMUD).

I lost around a good 4 years of my life to RPI muds and it was fantastic. I was never a huge part of any of the major in-game plots, but I still thoroughly enjoyed writing a collaborative story with other players. Since those days, I have thrown around the idea of novel-writing and have built up the frameworks of lore for the world and am all set to embark on my new writing adventure!

As I have been writing though, I have found myself looking back on my MUD days and wanting to revisit them, but knowing if I am to be spending my time writing it should be on something to progress my novel/novella/whatever it turns out to be. When I saw this codebase and building/coding course, I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to work on something that is somehow tied to my work, so THANK YOU!

Please bear with me while I trudge around these forums asking the basics and requesting help. I'll jump in now with my first question; is there a Discord server that you use to communicate? It's always nice to use apps like discord to pop on and ask a quick question.

Wish me luck on my building/coding journey!

Osailor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2019 22:15 #8326 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Introduction
Welcome! We all come from different backgrounds. Personally I know just enough about coding to break things (reliably - ask Whisky!) but I am an experienced world creator. My current project is a labor of love as I re-create my old tabletop RPG world into the MUD world.

There is a Discord channel of sorts but I stopped participating in it almost six months ago. It was distracting me from working on my game. :) I've found in a pinch that if I really need help I can log into TBA and Fizban is around to walk me through things. If you haven't gone through the builder tutorial in TBA yet I heartily encourage you to do so.

Give a shout when and if you get stuck, or an idea comes to mind but you don't know how to get it implemented in quite the right way!

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
01 Oct 2022 02:24 #10176 by Nero
Replied by Nero on topic Introduction
Is the discord channel still available? What is the link to connect to that?

More
01 Oct 2022 14:07 #10177 by Rumble
Replied by Rumble on topic Introduction
We did have one for a few weeks but I think it was auto-deleted from lack of use :-)

Rumble
The Builder Academy
tbamud.com 9091
rumble@tbamud.com

More
01 Oct 2022 19:30 #10178 by Nero
Replied by Nero on topic Introduction
Probably a good thing because I would be annoying you guys every day with questions

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds