Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Changing the post name display

More
04 May 2018 15:25 #8037 by Sascha
When we started looking at using tbaMUD for our code base, Sascha made this account as she was going to be on point for it. As things have evolved and Sascha has had to step away for family issues, I (Vivienne), have been the one using the account. Is there a way to change the display name from Sascha to Vivienne? I'd like to keep the continuity instead of making a whole new account. I've been able to go in and change the email, etc. in the profile but not the name that is displaying on posts. Possible?

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2018 22:04 #8040 by thomas
Welcome, Vivienne.

Changing the username isn't quite that simple. However, I have the option of switching to using the name property of the user instead of the username for posts on the forum. Unfortunately, this is a site-wide change. So if I do that, everyone changes their names :S

Quite a lot of people have used their real names in the name field when signing up (I think it's chrome or firefox autofill :) So the forums would look a lot different if I did that.

As things stand right now, I suggest you either live with the username, or create another account. If you do that, post a message to general - we'll be told so we can allow you to post :)

More
08 May 2018 02:54 #8047 by Sascha
Thanks Thomas! I've actually been the one posting on this account for 8 or 9 months now, so I've felt pretty welcome so far. ;) No worries.

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
08 May 2018 06:21 #8048 by WhiskyTest
Or you could legally change your name to Sascha?

More
08 May 2018 12:28 #8051 by Sascha
That would be interesting on court papers. "Reason for name change: Admins a MUD."

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds