Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Clan Withdraw crashing game

More
21 Jun 2022 06:20 #10087 by Nero
Having an issue where when trying to do the cwithdraw it crashes the game but only if the user is not applying to a clan.
For example, if a player applies to a clan then withdraws it works, but if they do the same command again it crashes the game.
I am not sure what I am missing here:
Code:
/* Reject an applicant from a clan/Withdraw an application */  void do_creject( struct char_data *ch, struct clan_type *cptr, struct char_data *vict)  {    int i=0;    long leader;    char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];     if (vict != ch) {      if (vict != NULL) {        /* send some sort of mail to player notifying him/her of rejection */        sprintf(buf, "Your application to %s has been removed from consideration by %s.\r\n",          cptr->name, cptr->leadersname);        send_to_char(vict, buf);      }    } else {          for (i=0; i<MAX_APPLICANTS; i++) {          if (!str_cmp(cptr->applicants[i], GET_NAME(vict))) {           send_to_char(vict, "You aren't applying to the clan...\r\n");           break;          }        }        leader = get_id_by_name(cptr->leadersname);        sprintf(buf, "I have withdrawn my application from the clan.\r\n",          cptr->leadersname, GET_NAME(ch));          send_to_char(ch, buf);      }    GET_CLAN(vict) = CLAN_NONE;    GET_CLAN_RANK(vict) = 0;    save_char(vict, NOWHERE);    /* now remove the player from the petition list */    remove_applicant(cptr, vict);    save_clans();    return;  }
Code:
/*** cwithdraw ***/    case SCMD_CLAN_WITHDRAW:      skip_spaces(&argument);      if (!*argument) {        send_to_char(ch, "Withdraw application to which clan?\r\n");        return;      }      if (!is_number(argument)) {        send_to_char(ch, "You cannot withdraw someone else's application.\r\n");      }      for (cptr = clan_info; cptr && cptr->number != atoi(argument); cptr = cptr->next);      if (cptr == NULL) {        send_to_char(ch, "That clan does not exist.\r\n");        return;      }      do_creject( ch, cptr, ch );      return;      break;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2022 20:04 - 21 Jun 2022 20:07 #10088 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Clan Withdraw crashing game
The logic is a bit off - str_cmp returns 0 if the strings are the same. This means this bit doesn't work:

Code:
for (i=0; i<MAX_APPLICANTS; i++) { if (!str_cmp(cptr->applicants[ i], GET_NAME(vict))) { send_to_char(vict, "You aren't applying to the clan...\r\n"); break; } }

Here, you're looping the list of applicants, and if you find the name, you're printing the message and breaking. But if you don't find the name, you are continuing the loop. And I figure there's a NULL in that list, making str_cmp fail.
What you were probably aiming for is this:

Code:
for (i=0; i<MAX_APPLICANTS; i++) { if (cptr->applicants[ i] && !str_cmp(cptr->applicants[ i], GET_NAME(vict))) {   break; } } if (i == MAX_APPLICANTS) { send_to_char(vict, "You aren't applying to the clan...\r\n"); return; }

or something like that.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2022 20:07 by thomas. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nero

More
22 Jun 2022 00:08 #10089 by Nero
Replied by Nero on topic Clan Withdraw crashing game
Looks like this may be working thanks! Will continue to further test

More
22 Jun 2022 08:39 #10090 by Nero
Replied by Nero on topic Clan Withdraw crashing game
Thanks it seems to be working now
One last thing for clans that I seem to be stuck on is purging them
I had to create a new menu called cledit.c
One issue with it is that if I am creating a clan and decide to use Q to quit, it still saves the clan in the clist
if I go back and try to use P to purge the account it does some real wonky stuff that requires a boot in order to remove the stuff from clist or it crashes
Code:
/* external functions */  extern struct char_data *find_clan_char(struct char_data *ch, char *arg);  /******************************************************************************/ /** Internal Functions                                                       **/ /******************************************************************************/ void cedit_clan_menu(struct descriptor_data *d); void cedit_setup_new(struct descriptor_data *d); void cedit_save_to_disk( void ); void save_config( IDXTYPE nowhere );  ACMD(do_oasis_cledit) {   int number = 0, save = 0, real_num;   struct descriptor_data *d;   struct clan_type *cptr = NULL;   char buf1[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];     /****************************************************************************/   /** Parse any arguments.                                                   **/   /****************************************************************************/   one_argument(argument, buf1);     if (!*buf1) {     send_to_char(ch, "Specify a clan VNUM to edit.\r\n");     return;   } else if (!isdigit(*buf1)) {     if (str_cmp("save", buf1) == 0) {       save = TRUE;       number = 0;     }else{       send_to_char(ch, "Yikes!  Stop that, someone will get hurt!\r\n");       return;     }   }   /****************************************************************************/   /** If a numeric argument was given (like a room number), get it.          **/   /****************************************************************************/   if (number == 0)     number = atoi(buf1);     /****************************************************************************/   /** Check that whatever it is isn't already being edited.                  **/   /****************************************************************************/   for (d = descriptor_list; d; d = d->next) {     if (STATE(d) == CON_CLEDIT) {       if (d->olc && OLC_CLAN(d) == number) {         send_to_char(ch, "That clan is currently being edited by %s.\r\n",           GET_NAME(d->character));         return;        }     }   }          d = ch->desc;     /****************************************************************************/   /** Give descriptor an OLC structure.                                      **/   /****************************************************************************/   if (d->olc) {     mudlog(BRF, LVL_IMMORT, TRUE,       "SYSERR: do_oasis_cledit: Player already had olc structure.");     free(d->olc);   }     CREATE(d->olc, struct oasis_olc_data, 1);     /****************************************************************************/   /** If save is TRUE, save the mobiles.                                     **/   /****************************************************************************/   if (save) {     send_to_char(ch, "Saving all clans\r\n");     mudlog(CMP, MAX(LVL_BUILDER, GET_INVIS_LEV(ch)), TRUE,       "OLC: %s saves clans.",       GET_NAME(ch));          /**************************************************************************/     /** Save the clans.                                                    **/     /**************************************************************************/     save_clans();          /**************************************************************************/     /** Free the olc structure stored in the descriptor.                     **/     /**************************************************************************/     free(d->olc);     d->olc = NULL;     return;     }       OLC_CLAN(d) = number;     /****************************************************************************/   /** If this is a new mobile, setup a new one, otherwise, setup the         **/   /** existing mobile.                                                       **/   /****************************************************************************/   if (number == 0) {        cedit_setup_new(d);   }     else {        for (cptr = clan_info; cptr && cptr->number != number; cptr=cptr->next);         if (cptr && (cptr->number == number)) {           OLC_CLAN(d) = cptr;           cedit_clan_menu(d);         } else {           send_to_char(d->character, "Invalid clan number!\r\n");           return;           }     }        STATE(d) = CON_CLEDIT;     /****************************************************************************/   /** Display the OLC messages to the players in the same room as the        **/   /** builder and also log it.                                               **/   /****************************************************************************/   act("$n starts using OLC.", TRUE, d->character, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);   SET_BIT_AR(PLR_FLAGS(ch), PLR_WRITING);     mudlog(BRF, MAX(LVL_IMPL, GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character)), TRUE,"OLC: %s starts editing clans",     GET_NAME(ch)); } void cedit_clan_menu(struct descriptor_data * d)  {   char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];       if (!OLC_CLAN(d))      cedit_setup_new(d);      get_char_colors(d->character);  write_to_output(d,      "-- Clan number : [%s%d%s]\r\n"      "%s1%s) Name        : %s%s\r\n"      "%s2%s) Leader      : %s%s\r\n"      "%s4%s) Clan Abbrev : %s%s\r\n"      "%sP%s) Purge this Clan\r\n"      "%sQ%s) Quit\r\n"      "Enter choice : ",            cyn, OLC_CLAN(d)->number, nrm,      grn, nrm, yel, OLC_CLAN(d)->name,      grn, nrm, yel, OLC_CLAN(d)->leadersname,      grn, nrm, yel, OLC_CLAN(d)->member_look_str ?      OLC_CLAN(d)->member_look_str : OLC_CLAN(d)->name,      grn, nrm,      grn, nrm      );    OLC_MODE(d) = CEDIT_CLAN_MENU;  }    void cedit_free_clan(struct clan_type *cptr)  {    dequeue_clan(cptr->number);  }    void cledit_parse(struct descriptor_data *d, char *arg)  {    char buf[MAX_STRING_LENGTH];    switch (OLC_MODE(d)) {    case CEDIT_CONFIRM_SAVE:      switch (*arg) {      case 'y':      case 'Y':        save_clans();           mudlog(CMP, MAX(LVL_BUILDER, GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character)), TRUE,                  "OLC: %s modifies the game configuration.", GET_NAME(d->character));           cleanup_olc(d, CLEANUP_CONFIG);       if (CONFIG_AUTO_SAVE) {          save_clans();         write_to_output(d, "Game configuration saved to disk.\r\n");       } else           write_to_output(d, "Game configuration saved to memory.\r\n");           return;      case 'n':      case 'N':        /* free everything up, including strings etc */        cleanup_olc(d, CLEANUP_STRUCTS);        break;      default:        write_to_output(d, "Invalid choice!\r\nDo you wish to save your changes? : ");        break;      }      return;      case CEDIT_CLAN_MENU:        switch (*arg) {        case '1':          write_to_output(d, "Enter clan name:-\r\n| ");          OLC_MODE(d) = CEDIT_NAME;          break;        case '2':          write_to_output(d, "Enter clan leader's name: ");          OLC_MODE(d) = CEDIT_LEADERSNAME;          break;        case '4':          write_to_output(d, "Enter clan member who string:-\r\n| ");          OLC_MODE(d) = CEDIT_MBR_LOOK_STR;          break;        case 'p':        case 'P':          if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) >= LVL_IMPL) {            newclan = OLC_CLAN(d)->number;  /* next new clan will get this one's number  */            /* free everything up, including strings etc */            cleanup_olc(d, CLEANUP_ALL);            cnum--;            write_to_output(d, "Clan purged.\r\n");          } else {            write_to_output(d, "Sorry you are not allowed to do that at this time.\r\n");            cedit_clan_menu(d);          }          return;                  case 'q':         case 'Q':          if (OLC_VAL(d)) {           write_to_output(d, "Do you wish to save the configuration? (y/n) : ");           OLC_MODE(d) = CEDIT_CONFIRM_SAVE;            } else            cleanup_olc(d, CLEANUP_STRUCTS);           return;        default:          write_to_output(d, "Invalid choice!");          cedit_clan_menu(d);          break;        }        return;        case CEDIT_NAME:          if (OLC_CLAN(d)->name)            free(OLC_CLAN(d)->name);          OLC_CLAN(d)->name = str_udup(arg);          break;        case CEDIT_LEADERSNAME:          if (OLC_CLAN(d)->leadersname)            free(OLC_CLAN(d)->leadersname);          OLC_CLAN(d)->leadersname = str_udup(arg);          break;        case CEDIT_MBR_LOOK_STR:          if (OLC_CLAN(d)->member_look_str)            free(OLC_CLAN(d)->member_look_str);          OLC_CLAN(d)->member_look_str = str_udup(arg);          break;                  default:          /* we should never get here */          mudlog("SYSERR: Reached default case in cledit_parse",BRF,LVL_GOD,TRUE);          break;     }     /* If we get this far, something has been changed */     OLC_VAL(d) = 1;     cedit_clan_menu(d);  }    /*  * Create a new clan with some default strings.  */  void cedit_setup_new(struct descriptor_data *d)  {    int i;    if ((OLC_CLAN(d) = enqueue_clan()) != NULL) {      OLC_CLAN(d)->name = str_udup("Unfinished Clan");      OLC_CLAN(d)->number = newclan;      OLC_CLAN(d)->leadersname = str_udup("NoOne");      OLC_CLAN(d)->member_look_str = NULL;      OLC_CLAN(d)->clan_entr_room = 1;      OLC_CLAN(d)->clan_password = str_udup("none");      OLC_CLAN(d)->gold = 0;      for (i = 0; i < 20; i++)        OLC_CLAN(d)->applicants[i] = NULL;    } else      fprintf(stderr, "SYSERR: Unable to create new clan!\r\n");    cnum++;    if (newclan == cnum)      newclan++;    else      newclan = cnum;    cedit_clan_menu(d);    OLC_VAL(d) = 0;  } [attachment=232]clan.PNG[/attachment] [attachment=233]clan2.PNG[/attachment]

More
22 Jun 2022 18:07 #10091 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Clan Withdraw crashing game
I haven't looked too much on the actual state machine, but I'm pretty sure you don't want the call to cedit_clan_menu(d); in the cedit_setup_new function.

More
20 Jul 2022 22:38 #10105 by cunning
Replied by cunning on topic Clan Withdraw crashing game
You dont, but i havent used that code in a long time.

Nero i know Thomas is an expert. However, the rest of us might need the core output debug to know what to look at and what was going on :)

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds