Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ]

More
26 Feb 2018 21:12 - 26 Feb 2018 21:25 #7632 by Sascha
Any idea what is causing this? It's literally spamming my syslog, one every second.
Code:
[ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ]

Every now and then it looks like this:
Code:
10H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] [ List being freed while not empty. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] [ List being freed while not empty. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] [ List being freed while not empty. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ] 510H 110M 92V > [ WARNING: Attempting to get content from iterator with NULL list. ] [ WARNING: Attempting to remove iterator from NULL list. ]

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000
Last edit: 26 Feb 2018 21:25 by Sascha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2018 21:04 #7636 by thomas
Not too long ago, we discussed this, here, www.tbamud.com/forum/4-development/4300-...rced-to-reset-itself .

I'm afraid the list code is a mess. It's not really bad, but it has some internal state that's hard to work around.
And it's really tough to debug remotely; literally no one knows what triggers those messages without studying the code and perhaps generating a core file to get some stack traces.

More
28 Feb 2018 01:43 #7638 by Fizban
I don't know the fix, but it's happening when someone uses whirlwind.

It also sometimes accompanies losing descriptor without char, so I think it's related to the client someone is using in that scenario.

More
28 Feb 2018 15:17 #7639 by Sascha
Okay, thanks. I'll delete this later today so as not to confuse future situations with this. :)

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

More
01 Mar 2018 23:07 #7643 by Parnassus
Depending on what you mean to delete, sometimes deleting just makes things more confusing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sascha

More
02 Mar 2018 00:59 #7645 by Sascha
Turns out I can't delete my own thread anyway, so it's moot. :)

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds